SSRS and Material Tags Report Data Definition Customization

I am attempting to create a modified Materials Tag (RDD: MtlTags) that is ran from the Receipt Entry screen / Actions menu / Print Tags.

The default/system RDD for this contains only two tables, Company and MtlTags. The MtlTags table contains all the pertinent data for the label; however, in our case it does not contain the pack slip number or receipt date. Both of which are located in the RcvDtl table. If I join the RcvDtl table to the MtlTags table in the RDD, I can only link the two by Company, PONum, POLine, and PORel, therefore it can return more than one row if there are multiple receipt dates and pack slips. Ideally, in addition to the aforementioned fields linking the tables, I also need pack slip number. If pack slip number was a column in MtlTags that would be perfect, however since it is not, what would be the best way to add the pack slip number to either the MtlTags table or even the RptParameters table would work. However, I could find no user defined fields in the RptParameters table that I could use to populate with the pack slip number via BMP or other means.

In the accompanying screenshot, I have ran 3 sql queries of the tables involved in the SSRS material tags report I have created. As you can see because I am only able to link the MtlTags and RcvDtl tables without the unique pack slip number, it is going to give me 4 labels instead of 1.

Does anyone have any insight or suggestions? Anything is greatly appreciated!

What about selecting the last record on the RcvDtl records?

Charlie

You may have to add some UD fields to RcvDtl, and populate them with the info you want, using a BPM during receipt entry.

You could pass the data through the CallContextBpmData table generated by the report. I had to do something very similar a while back - pass PackSlip and TranReference from RcvDtl to this report - and that’s basically how I did it.

1 Like

Hi Charlie,

Yes, I had thought about doing that, in fact I actually wrote a sub select statement in my dataset expression to pull in MAX(ReceiptDate). That worked, however, there is the possibility that the end-user may want to print tags from the first, second or third RcvDtl line with a different receipt date than the fourth line.

1 Like

What about forcing them to enter a date and select on that receipt date?

Charlie

1 Like