Session has been suspended

That means they lost the connection to the server, could be a physical issue (wire loose) or any other network issueÂ

Jose C Gomez
Software Engineer

T: 904.469.1524 mobile

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

On Thu, Sep 1, 2016 at 12:10 PM, 'Chang, Chia' cchang@... [vantage] <vantage@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Â
<div>

<p></p><div><p class="ygrps-yiv-770993060MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:11.0pt;color:#1f497d;">A user is getting the error message “Your session has been suspended. This allows it to resume once your connection to the server is restored.”  Any thoughts why this is happening even when the user is on a wired connection for this one user?<u></u><u></u></span></p></div><p></p>

</div>

<div style="color:#fff;min-height:0;"></div>

A user is getting the error message “Your session has been suspended. This allows it to resume once your connection to the server is restored.”  Any thoughts why this is happening even when the user is on a wired connection for this one user?

I had this happen intermittently for a while, seems a mouse was trying to hi-jack my internet.  Check the wires / wifi signal.  Also make sure you are only on one or the other.

Brenda

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 01, 2016 12:10 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Session has been suspended

A user is getting the error message “Your session has been suspended. This allows it to resume once your connection to the server is restored.”  Any thoughts why this is happening even when the user is on a wired connection for this one user?

We will review your suggestion with the user.  What’s the difference between suspending a session vs. the 7224 error message with lost network connectivity?  When network is lost, why doesn’t the system put it into suspend mode?

Sent: Thursday, September 01, 2016 11:35 AM
Subject: RE: [Vantage] Session has been suspended

I had this happen intermittently for a while, seems a mouse was trying to hi-jack my internet.  Check the wires / wifi signal.  Also make sure you are only on one or the other.

Brenda

#ygrps-yiv-1829803293 .ygrps-yiv-1829803293style1 {font-family:"Times New Roman";}

In suspension mode, you can technically restore or reconnect to your client connection and continue to work.  7224 you lose connection and need to close out and sign in again.

Suspend is an option in the user security.

I would see the suspend issues with Laptop users and them docking.

Miguel A. Santillan

Compass Manufacturing Systems

Sent: Thursday, September 1, 2016 9:54 AM

We will review your suggestion with the user.  What’s the difference between suspending a session vs. the 7224 error message with lost network connectivity?  When network is lost, why doesn’t the system put it into suspend mode?

Brenda

Disclaimer

The information contained in this communication from the sender is confidential. It is intended solely for use by the recipient and others authorized to receive it. If you are not the recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in relation of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

Yes, It can also happen if the laptop is switching from wired to wireless. I turn off the wireless on my laptop when I am hardwired.

Sent: Thursday, September 01, 2016 2:02 PM

This is happening on a user with a laptop that is wired with a wireless option.  This happens without the user manually putting it in suspend.  We have the majority of our users in the ‘Can Suspend’ option selected but it is happening only to this one user on a wired laptop.  So this suspended session happens when the wired connection loses connectivity also?

Sent: Thursday, September 01, 2016 12:01 PM

In suspension mode, you can technically restore or reconnect to your client connection and continue to work.  7224 you lose connection and need to close out and sign in again.

Suspend is an option in the user security.

I would see the suspend issues with Laptop users and them docking.

Miguel A. Santillan

Compass Manufacturing Systems

Sent: Thursday, September 1, 2016 9:54 AM

Brenda

Disclaimer

The information contained in this communication from the sender is confidential. It is intended solely for use by the recipient and others authorized to receive it. If you are not the recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in relation of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

The information contained in this communication, including attachments, is privileged and confidential. It is intended only for the exclusive use of the addressee. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us at 727-578-6240 and immediately delete the communication.

"This (document/presentation) may contain technical data as defined in the International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR) 22 CFR 120.10. Export of this material is restricted by the Arms Export Control Act (22 U.S.C. 2751 et seq.) and may not be exported to foreign persons without prior approval form the U.S. Department of State."