Runtime Dashboards Empty for a User

Simon,

Thanks so very much!  That was absolutely the problem.  I went into the users work force entry and noticed that the "View All Territories" was not checked.  After I checked it - boom - the flood gates opened up and they could get results again.

Thanks Again,

Adam

---In vantage@yahoogroups.com, <s1mhall@...> wrote:

Hi,
I was going to update the post online, but for some reason neither browser I have installed on my computer will work with yahoo groups since the update (yeah).  Anyway enough ranting.

I had a similar problem and but it only affected dashboards that had customer in the query.  Turned out that we have one default sales territory for all customers, and I had not added the users workforce to the sales territory.  Took me ages to track down the problem.  I am not sure if it will fix yours, but it is worth looking at.

Kind Regards
Simon Hall
Has anyone ever seen this?  We have a user who can never get ANY results in any of the "Runtime" dashboards (we have several dashboards that cannot run as assembly, due to bugs in 9.05.700C in dashboards as an assembly).  Other users can get results.

I have tried:
  • Purging the personalizations the user has
  • Moving the user to a completely different terminal server
  • Clearing the cache of the user
Does the user have the dashboard memory cached? Â I have seen this happen with Fulfillment Workbench being memory cached.

Tanya Denison | IT Manager | NRS, Inc.
2009 S. Main Street, Moscow, IDÂ 83843
c: 208.301.0599 | p: 208.883.7834 Ext 277 | f: 208.882.1744

On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 7:42 AM, <ygroups.adamleer@...> wrote:

Â
<div>

<p>Has anyone ever seen this? Â We have a user who can never get <span style="font-weight:bold;">ANY </span>results in any of the &quot;Runtime&quot; dashboards (we have several dashboards that cannot run as assembly, due to bugs in 9.05.700C in dashboards as an assembly). Â Other users can get results.</p>

I have tried:
  • Purging the personalizations the user has
  • Moving the user to a completely different terminal server
  • Clearing the cache of the user

</div>

<div style="color:#fff;min-height:0;"></div>

Thanks for the idea Tanya, but sadly it is not set to Memory cached for the user. I even tried turning it on, relaunching, then turning it off, and relaunching.  No change.  I did clear the cache on her client as well. 

---In vantage@yahoogroups.com, <vantage@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Does the user have the dashboard memory cached?  I have seen this happen with Fulfillment Workbench being memory cached.

2009 S. Main Street, Moscow, ID  83843

Go to the program data and delete the cache file... 

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 17, 2013, at 11:25 AM, "ygroups.adamleer@..." <ygroups.adamleer@...> wrote:

Thanks for the idea Tanya, but sadly it is not set to Memory cached for the user. I even tried turning it on, relaunching, then turning it off, and relaunching.  No change.  I did clear the cache on her client as well. 

---In vantage@yahoogroups.com, <vantage@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Does the user have the dashboard memory cached?  I have seen this happen with Fulfillment Workbench being memory cached.

2009 S. Main Street, Moscow, ID  83843

Unfortunately, making the user a security manager AND adding them to all the power groups (finance controllers, IT, etc) still didn't make a lick of difference. 

---In vantage@yahoogroups.com, <pjw@...> wrote:

OK, the plot thickens.  

Now I've determined that our custom quick searches also return NO results for this user, even if no search criteria are specified.  Doesn't matter WHERE the user is logged in at (on what client), even on my own machine, so seems like it can't really be something on the client side.  

It's almost as if this user is incapable of returning any results with anything that runs one of our BAQs (as both quick search and dashboards are built on BAQ, right...)  Any other ideas? 

---In vantage@yahoogroups.com, <pjw@...> wrote:

Hi,
I was going to update the post online, but for some reason neither browser I have installed on my computer will work with yahoo groups since the update (yeah).  Anyway enough ranting.

I had a similar problem and but it only affected dashboards that had customer in the query.  Turned out that we have one default sales territory for all customers, and I had not added the users workforce to the sales territory.  Took me ages to track down the problem.  I am not sure if it will fix yours, but it is worth looking at.

Kind Regards
Simon Hall