REST API Credentials Issue

In version 10.1.600.8 I came across an issue where if a user id has a hyphen in it or a password has a colon the REST call cannot be made.

Anyone else come across this problem?

2 Likes

What error are you getting?

Login failed StatusCodeError: 500 - {“HttpStatus”:500,“ReasonPhrase”:“REST Api Exception”,“ErrorMessage”:“Access denied (wrong header format).”,“ErrorType”:"System.ServiceModel.FaultException

Appreciate you posting this @tkoch - I was pulling my hair out trying to get these to work and it turns out I had a colon in my password. Changing my password to no longer have that character fixed me right up.

1 Like

DocStar pro services and I appreciate this post @tkoch!

Yes…Please Epicor…Ensure your random password generator doesn’t include a colon…

https://epicor-manufacturing.ideas.aha.io/ideas/KNTC-I-2828

Did you submit this to support this is a bug either on the generation or handling side of things.

2 Likes

This is fixed in 2022.1 was submitted as a bug

2 Likes

Good to know! Thank you for following up!

I am Glad to know this is fixed in 2022.1. Clearly I was not using the correct search string in the knowledgebase before I logged it as an idea.

Saw all of these messages overnight on Epicor Ideas. I had not had the opportunity to check in 2022.1 myself. Apologies for the waste of energy on Epicors part.

Thanks to Alisa, @timshuwy, @Olga and @jgiese.wci for replying and clarifying.

3 Likes