Reporting Overflow!

One of our newer financial users wanted to create a recurring journal and clicked on the Recurring checkbox when submitted the process to our Immediate Queue. Whoa. Every two minutes a report is generated overnight. When she logged in the next day, PDF reports keep displaying until Adobe Reader can handle no more open reports.

So I go to the System Agent and delete the tasks in the schedule and then delete 400+ reports from the print queue. So I see nothing in the queue and think all is good. The next time she logs in, there are more reports. Where are they coming from? It appears to be related to her workstation since she can log in somewhere else and it doesn’t happen and I can log in to her workstation and I get the report blast too.

I checked to see if there was an Autorun on the Favorites folder but that’s not set either.

We did a local client removal and delete the Programdata\Epicor folder but reports still generate at every login at that workstation.

Any thing we might have missed?

Thanks!!!

Mark W.

I have had this happen to, any insights from Epicor would be appreciated.

So as reports process in the background they are tagged with the workstation ID in the Task. When the task is completed the System Monitor Queries the table to see if there are any Reports Completed and available to display for the current workstation.
I believe what happened here is that a BUNCH of reports ran successfully in the background but have not yet been displayed or processed by the System Monitor.
Although you deleted the Tasks from the queue, the processed system tasks that completed are still on the task table table and available to the System Monitor and tagged for her workstation.
I think your options here are to let the system finish doing its massive PDF display… or dump the records from the Task Table that have her workstation referenced…

The SysTaskParam table carries the WorkStation Field

I’ll leave the rest to your imagination

2 Likes

Thanks Jose. I’ll write a BAQ identifying the suspect records and leave the imagination to Epicor Managed Services!

Mark W.

1 Like