Reporting Labor on a Emp that is NOT clocked in

I know it seems counter-intuitive to do so, but I am working on a project where the req is that an emp should be able to report time against an operation while NOT clocked in.

In the end they want to view the discrepancies of labor reported while not being clocked in.

As far as I can tell, I cannot do this. The LaborDtl that reports the time on the OP will be attached to a LaborHead and there seems to be no way for me to keep it from “clocking in”. I can manually set the clockin\out time to the same value, like 1, but ActualClockIn still logs current time. I suppose the report could look at the ClockInTime vs ActualClockIn time but I am trying explore all possibilities.

Any thoughts or advice from our wealth of super users here?

So you mean something like just using Time and Expense entry to create time detail? They would technically not be “clocked in”.

Ah. I’ll have to watch some records go thru that process to see what happens. My concern is that no matter what, there is going to be a clockInTime on the labor head. Is there any other way to tell if a user is clocked in?

Shop Tracker

So would this be the opposite of Calc Idle Time? Actually working on a Job while not being clocked in?