Report Style and Sync Dataset Function

Hi,

When duplicating the packing slip report style and data definition, I have noticed that I end up with all of the tables that are linked versus the 4 that are in the original report from Epicor. This happens after I use the sync dataset function because I unchecked excluded from a couple of fields. Is there a way in Epicor or in SSRS to specify that I don’t need all of those extra tables? On top of that, when I try to print my style from Epicor, nothing prints and it returns an error. It’s a long one so I will only post part of it below. Thanks in advance!

Brandon

Program Ice.Services.Lib.RunTask raised an unexpected exception with the following message: RunTask: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: An error has occurred during report processing. —> Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ProcessingAbortedException: An error has occurred during report processing. —> Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ReportProcessingException: Query execution failed for dataset ‘ShipDtlTax’. —> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Incorrect syntax near the keyword ‘Percent’.
at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Library.ReportExecution2005Impl.InternalRender(String Format, String DeviceInfo, PageCountMode pageCountMode, Stream& Result, String& Extension, String& MimeType, String& Encoding, Warning[]& Warnings, String[]& StreamIds)
at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Library.ReportExecution2005Impl.Render(String Format, String DeviceInfo, PageCountMode pageCountMode, Byte[]& Result, String& Extension, String& MimeType, String& Encoding, Warning[]& Warnings, String[]& StreamIds)
at Microsoft.ReportingServices.WebServer.ReportExecutionService.Render(String Format, String DeviceInfo, Byte[]& Result, String& Extension, String& MimeType, String& Encoding, Warning[]& Warnings, String[]& StreamIds)

Hello Brandon,

I’ve found that I’ve had better luck when I don’t use the sync dataset button. Try this:

1. Start with a clean copy of the Packslip so you have the original dataset.
  2. Make your modifications to the RDD.
  3. Print Preview the report or run Generate Only. This will update the tables in your report database.
  4. Update the SQL in the dataset in your packslip report. In this case, right click on the ShipHeadShipDtl dataset -> properties -> the expression button (fx) for the query, and add the fields you need to the SQL statement.
  5. Finally, add the field(s) to the list of fields in the dataset. Again, right click on the ShipHeadShipDtl dataset -> properties -> Fields and add your new fields to the list.

I hope that helps.

Jeromy

Jeromy,

We did stumble upon a youtube video that showed that method as well. Thank you for confirming the method. So that does work for adding fields, but are the steps the same if I wanted to add fields from a whole new table or is there additional steps for that?

Thanks,
Brandon

Brandon, Could you post the link to that video?

(assuming it’s not against the rules - like if it promotes a consultant or something)
Calvin

It’s the same procedure, just remember you have to join the new table in the sql statement in addition to adding the fields.

Calvin,

Since I am unsure if it violates the rules to put the link out here, I will just say that I went to youtube and searched Epicor SSRS. The one we have gotten the most out of is 1 hour and 4 minutes long. It should be near the top. Been breaking it up over a few days.

Brandon

Links to other sites are appropriate regardless of who owns the content. Individual site security regarding proprietary information are managed on those sites and those sites are responsible for their own access policies. Assuming users that are following those links can access it securely, there are no infringements. The only exception we would not condone is posting or sharing your personal access information to allow others to gain access (should you foolishly decide to do so in the first place).