Print PO, but include only "open" lines

using SSRS and Report Builder, is there a way to exclude from printing/previewing all the line items on the PO that are closed? I would like to create a separate Report Style that PO prints only the open lines .

1 Like

Is it for internal use or to be sent to vendors just curious?

You can acheive this using conditionnal printing on the line (visible based on expression)

Strictly Internal use.

I would build dashboard for Open Lines then I have one we use for knowing what purchasing needs to follow up on.

Doesn’t the standard PO Status under Executive Analysis - Status Dashboard already show this? You can just click refresh and then just filter on the open lines.

The purpose behind this request is from a receiving point of view. If there’s 10 lines total on the PO and 7 have already been received, the receiving personnel would prefer to print a hard copy of the PO that only contains the open 3 lines versus the entire PO. Labeled for internal purposes only, and wouldn’t have a total listed on the bottom

I recently created a new report style for printing a PO Receiving Worksheet. In this case I did not care about a line being open or closed. I did a sum(RelQty) and sum(ReceivedQty) and dispalyed the difference as a back ordered column. Then I hide the row if the Sum(ReceivedQty) was greater than or equal to the sum(RelQty). I calculated these values from the PORel table which also shows the status as C-Closed or O-Open.

Mike, interesting idea. What steps did you take in report builder to hide rows that fit your criteria?