Print directly to System Agent from Custom Code

Hi all,

I’m well on my way to converting the external DLL we have to handle our process, however I’ve hit a snag when trying to send a BAQ report to the SystemTaskAgent from my custom code.

Here’s a little snippet of the code:

using (var bqReport = WCFServiceSupport.CreateImpl<Ice.Proxy.Rpt.BAQReportImpl>(_epiSession, Ice.Proxy.Rpt.BAQReportImpl.UriPath))
{
		var bqDS = bqReport.GetNewParametersForReportId(BAQ_REPORT_ID);
		string pnFilter = BuildPackNumFilter();

if (pnFilter != string.Empty)
		{
				try
				{
						bqDS.Tables["BaqReportParam"].Rows[0]["BAQID"] = "DL-EpiBoxingCust"; // ID of the BAQ Report Query
						bqDS.Tables["BaqReportParam"].Rows[0]["SortBy"] = "";
						bqDS.Tables["BaqReportParam"].Rows[0]["SortFields"] = "";
						bqDS.Tables["BaqReportParam"].Rows[0]["ReportTitle"] = _reportTitle;
						bqDS.Tables["BaqReportParam"].Rows[0]["Summary"] = false;
						bqDS.Tables["BaqReportParam"].Rows[0]["Filter1"] = pnFilter; // Prebuilt XML BAQ Filter
						bqDS.Tables["BaqReportParam"].Rows[0]["UserID"] = _userID; // Current Epicor UserID
						bqDS.Tables["BaqReportParam"].Rows[0]["BAQRptID"] = "BAQEpiBoxCust2"; // Name of the BAQ Report
						bqDS.Tables["BaqReportParam"].Rows[0]["ReportID"] = "BAQEpiBoxCust2"; // Name of the BAQ Report
						bqDS.Tables["BaqReportParam"].Rows[0]["Option04"] = _packNum; // Pack Number
						bqDS.Tables["BaqReportParam"].Rows[0]["AutoAction"] = "SSRSPRINT";

if (_printerName != string.Empty)
						{
								bqDS.Tables["BaqReportParam"].Rows[0]["PrinterName"] = _printerName;
						}

bqDS.Tables["BaqReportParam"].Rows[0]["AgentSchedNum"] = 0;
						bqDS.Tables["BaqReportParam"].Rows[0]["AgentID"] = "SystemTaskAgent";
						bqDS.Tables["BaqReportParam"].Rows[0]["AgentTaskNum"] = 0;
						bqDS.Tables["BaqReportParam"].Rows[0]["RecurringTask"] = false;
						bqDS.Tables["BaqReportParam"].Rows[0]["RptPageSettings"] = _pageSettings;
						bqDS.Tables["BaqReportParam"].Rows[0]["RptPrinterSettings"] = _printerSettings;
						bqDS.Tables["BaqReportParam"].Rows[0]["ReportStyleNum"] = _styleID;
						bqDS.Tables["BaqReportParam"].Rows[0]["WorkstationID"] = _workstationID;
						bqDS.Tables["BaqReportParam"].Rows[0]["ArchiveCode"] = 0;
						bqDS.Tables["BaqReportParam"].Rows[0]["DateFormat"] = "m/d/yyyy";
						bqDS.Tables["BaqReportParam"].Rows[0]["NumericFormat"] = ",.";
						bqDS.Tables["BaqReportParam"].Rows[0]["ProcessTaskNum"] = 0;
						bqDS.Tables["BaqReportParam"].Rows[0]["DecimalsGeneral"] = 2;
						bqDS.Tables["BaqReportParam"].Rows[0]["DecimalsCost"] = 5;
						bqDS.Tables["BaqReportParam"].Rows[0]["DecimalsPrice"] = 5;
						bqDS.Tables["BaqReportParam"].Rows[0]["GlbDecimalsGeneral"] = 2;
						bqDS.Tables["BaqReportParam"].Rows[0]["GlbDecimalsCost"] = 5;
						bqDS.Tables["BaqReportParam"].Rows[0]["GlbDecimalsPrice"] = 5;
						bqDS.Tables["BaqReportParam"].Rows[0]["ReportCurrencyCode"] = "USD";
						bqDS.Tables["BaqReportParam"].Rows[0]["ReportCultureCode"] = "en-US";
						bqDS.Tables["BaqReportParam"].Rows[0]["RowMod"] = "A";

bqReport.SubmitToAgent(bqDS, "SystemTaskAgent", 0, 0, "Epicor.UIRpt.BAQReport;BAQEpiBoxCust2");
				}
				catch (Exception ex)
				{
						_errorDetected = true;
						_errorMsg = ex.Message;
				}
		}
		else
		{
				_errorDetected = true;
				_errorMsg = "UNABLE TO GENERATE PACK NUMBER FILTER";
		}

bqReport.Dispose();
}

Granted there’s a bunch of variables populated elsewhere, but what’s hanging me up is the AutoAction setting. Initially it was set to “Print” and I got this error:

Program Ice.Services.Lib.RunTask raised an unexpected exception with the following message: RunTask: Expected AutoAction to be either print, preview or generate.
Stack Trace:
   at Ice.Core.SsrsReporting.ReportProcessorBase.ProcessReportPart(String reportLocation) in C:\_Releases\ICE\ICE3.2.300.12\Source\Server\Internal\Lib\TaskLib\SsrsReporting\ReportProcessorBase.cs:line 158
   at Ice.Core.SsrsReporting.StandardReportProcessor.ProcessReportParts() in C:\_Releases\ICE\ICE3.2.300.12\Source\Server\Internal\Lib\TaskLib\SsrsReporting\StandardReportProcessor.cs:line 31
   at Ice.Core.RoutingAndBreaking.ReportPersister.Persist(ReportInstanceInformation reportInstance, Func`2 reportsRenderer, Action`1 fillSysRptLstRow, Action`2 processReport, Func`3 filterTableAttachmentsFunc) in C:\_Releases\ICE\ICE3.2.300.12\Source\Server\Internal\Lib\TaskLib\RoutingAndBreaking\ReportPersister.cs:line 57
   at Ice.Core.RptBase.ReportSsrsDatabaseBuilder.RenderUnroutedSsrsReport() in C:\_Releases\ICE\ICE3.2.300.12\Source\Server\Internal\Lib\TaskLib\RptBase\ReportSsrsDatabaseBuilder.cs:line 303
   at Ice.Core.RptBase.ReportSsrsDatabaseBuilder.RunSsrsReportIfEnabled() in C:\_Releases\ICE\ICE3.2.300.12\Source\Server\Internal\Lib\TaskLib\RptBase\ReportSsrsDatabaseBuilder.cs:line 228
   at Ice.Core.RptBase.ReportSsrsDatabaseBuilder.ProcessReportWithDataInPlace(Func`2 executeCommand, Func`2 executeReader, SqlObjectsCreated sqlObjectsCreated) in C:\_Releases\ICE\ICE3.2.300.12\Source\Server\Internal\Lib\TaskLib\RptBase\ReportSsrsDatabaseBuilder.cs:line 111
   at Ice.Core.RptBase.ReportDatabaseBuilder.XMLClose() in C:\_Releases\ICE\ICE3.2.300.12\Source\Server\Internal\Lib\TaskLib\RptBase\ReportDatabaseBuilder.cs:line 93
   at Ice.Core.RptTaskBase`1.XMLClose() in C:\_Releases\ICE\ICE3.2.300.12\Source\Server\Internal\Lib\TaskLib\RptBase\RptTaskBase.cs:line 216
   at Ice.Internal.XA.DataBuilders.DatabaseReportDataBuilder.RunReportWithErrorHandling(ReportDatabaseConnectionHelper reportDatabaseConnectionHelper) in c:\_Releases\ICE\RL3.2.300.0\Source\Server\Internal\XA\XABaqRpt\DataBuilders\DatabaseReportDataBuilder.cs:line 70
   at Ice.Internal.XA.DataBuilders.DatabaseReportDataBuilder.WriteData() in c:\_Releases\ICE\RL3.2.300.0\Source\Server\Internal\XA\XABaqRpt\DataBuilders\DatabaseReportDataBuilder.cs:line 44
   at Ice.Core.TaskBase`1.StartProcess(Int64 instanceTaskNum, String outputFileName) in C:\_Releases\ICE\ICE3.2.300.12\Source\Server\Internal\Lib\TaskLib\TaskBase\TaskBase.cs:line 47
   at Ice.Hosting.TaskCaller.InnerExecuteTask(IceDataContext newContext) in C:\_Releases\ICE\ICE3.2.300.12\Source\Framework\Epicor.Ice\Hosting\TaskCaller\TaskCaller.cs:line 98
   at Ice.Hosting.TaskCaller.ExecuteTask() in C:\_Releases\ICE\ICE3.2.300.12\Source\Framework\Epicor.Ice\Hosting\TaskCaller\TaskCaller.cs:line 57
   at Ice.Lib.RunTask.BpmFriendlyTaskLauncher.Run(String sessionIdPrefix, IceContext db, Action taskRunner) in c:\_Releases\ICE\RL3.2.300.0\Source\Server\Services\Lib\RunTask\BpmFriendlyTaskLauncher.cs:line 63
   at Ice.Services.Lib.RunTaskSvc.InnerRunTask(Int64 ipTaskNum, Boolean suppressTransaction) in c:\_Releases\ICE\RL3.2.300.0\Source\Server\Services\Lib\RunTask\RunTask.cs:line 577

So I tried setting it to “print” thinking it was case sensitive, but got the same error. Then I saw other people using “SSRSPRINT” so I tried that, but got the same error.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

you have the printer defined in epicor correct? Have you successfully previewed it to test it out? AutoAction = “SSRSPREVIEW” ? Other options are “SSRSClientPrint”

Hi,

Yes the printer is defined in Epicor correctly, however I haven’t been able to get anything to work. I tried print, SSRSPRINT, SSRSPREVIEW, and SSRSClientPrint with no success.

I have confirmed that the printer is set up correctly by printing test pages to it from Windows.

See below. This code should get you going.

Thanks! Still trying. Getting a different error now though. I set up the printer as a networked printer, with the name of the printer being something like prefix-XXX_XXX_XXX_XXX where XXX is the numbers of the IP.

It says “PRINTER DOES NOT EXIST”. It’s not a network path like \\server\printer it’s just the IP and running on a local IP Port.

Make sure the printer is installed on the machine that runs the system agent. I’m fairly certain it needs to be shared using the \\server\printer style.

Thank you, all of this got me started and combined with running a trace, I was able to update all settings and print successfully. Appreciate your help

1 Like

Hi @defibtechaferry, I’m getting the first error you got when trying to print by custom code which parameters or settings did you use to make it work?

Thanks