Print Bar Code Label

You need to install the barcode font on the server to enable SSRS reports to print barcodes (like the employee badge or the Cycle Count Tags)

This post talks about using the barcode font with both Crystal and SSRS report methods.

I agree with @Chris_Conn about BTs flexibility, I would be investigating your SSRS options first before investing in BT, at least to satisfy the justification of the initial outlay and the ongoing maintenance.

I’ve only been messing with BT 2016 since the beginning of the year. So others may want to chime in.

Remember also that there is a concurrent printer limit with BT, after the initial 5 (I think?) you need to buy another license pack if you were going to use more printers than that. You can cycle printers in BT out of the license server, but only after 7 days of being idle. That being said there is probably a way to cycle them early, for example for a printer replacement. The BT online support is pretty good, even if accessing it via the engineers handbook (AKA Google).

1 Like