PO Suggestions DeleteAllPOs Parameter Error

Hello All,

I have a problem with PO Suggestions where it will not run. I have an open ticket with Epicor as well, and working through some suggestions, but thought I’d post here. Some of you may have seen it. Below is the some error detail, and below that is what I have done so far.

08:43:02 Starting sub-processes
08:43:02 Deleting old Suggestions.
08:43:01 An error occurred while updating the entries. See the inner exception for details.
08:43:01 at System.Data.Entity.Core.Mapping.Update.Internal.UpdateTranslator.Update()
at System.Data.Entity.Core.Objects.ObjectContext.ExecuteInTransaction[T](Func1 func, IDbExecutionStrategy executionStrategy, Boolean startLocalTransaction, Boolean releaseConnectionOnSuccess) at System.Data.Entity.Core.Objects.ObjectContext.SaveChangesToStore(SaveOptions options, IDbExecutionStrategy executionStrategy, Boolean startLocalTransaction) at System.Data.Entity.Core.Objects.ObjectContext.SaveChangesInternal(SaveOptions options, Boolean executeInExistingTransaction) at Ice.IceDataContext.SaveChanges(SaveOptions options) in C:\_Releases\ICE\ICE3.2.300.7\Source\Framework\Epicor.System\Data\IceDataContext.cs:line 356 at Ice.IceDataContext.Validate[TLinqRow](TLinqRow row) in C:\_Releases\ICE\ICE3.2.300.7\Source\Framework\Epicor.System\Data\IceDataContext.cs:line 317 at Ice.IceDataContext.Release[TEntity](TEntity& entity) in C:\_Releases\ICE\ICE3.2.300.7\Source\Framework\Epicor.System\Data\IceDataContext.cs:line 269 at Erp.Internal.MR.MRPLib.BuildDefaultQueue(Int64 pTaskNum, String pName) in C:\_Releases\ERP\UD10.2.300.7\Source\Server\Internal\MR\MRPLib\MRPLib.cs:line 487 at Erp.Internal.MR.MrpExp.mrp(Boolean p_net, String p_plist, Nullable1 p_cutoff, String p_reqtype, Nullable1 MRP_DEBUG_ON, String ipPartList, String ipPartClassList, String ipProdGrupList, List1 ttMrpProcRows, List1 ttMrpQueueRows) in C:\_Releases\ERP\UD10.2.300.7\Source\Server\Internal\MR\MrpExp\MrpExp.cs:line 3101 at Erp.Internal.MR.MrpExp.main_block(List1 ttMrpProcRows, List`1 ttMrpQueueRows) in C:_Releases\ERP\UD10.2.300.7\Source\Server\Internal\MR\MrpExp\MrpExp.cs:line 2652
at Erp.Internal.MR.MrpExp.RunProcess(Int64 instanceTaskNum, String outputFileName) in C:_Releases\ERP\UD10.2.300.7\Source\Server\Internal\MR\MrpExp\MrpExp.cs:line 922
08:43:01 Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint ‘PK_SysTaskParam’. Cannot insert duplicate key in object ‘Ice.SysTaskParam’. The duplicate key value is (17359, DeleteAllPO).

This is not my production system. This is a restore of the live database into our QA setup. I have run conversion number 810 in the conversion workbench. I have also run a fix to delete systask entries. Then when I execute PO Suggestions again it kicks off and then cancels at Deleting PO Suggestions with this message above.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Josh

Hi Josh,

If I were you, I’d try to manually row by row delete the suggestions, using new po suggestions / change po suggestions program. See if anything errors during manual deletion. Rerun generate PO suggestions and see if the hang stops or happens again.

One other thing, that “the duplicate key value is (17359, DeleteAllPO).” note in the log… is it possible that 17359 is a po suggestion number? You can review all in a BAQ with SugPOdtl data pulled in.

Nancy

1 Like

FYI - I got this corrected with Epicor support. This was on a QA server stack not in production. It ended up being a password issue for the System Agent. Once the password was fixed everything started working correctly. Just a weird error with a password problem. Thank you to anyone who thought about this issue! Thanks @Nancy_Hoyt for your response as well!

2 Likes