New Version of 7380, Refresh PartBinInfo Quantities

In our uplift from 9 to 10, we have two errors in the quantity-on-hand field of the PartBinInfo table. The old E9 conversion to correct this was 7380, Refresh PartBinInfo Quantities. We are not finding this fix either in the Rebuild Processes area, nor in the user-runnable conversions in the Conversion Workbench.

Does anyone know the modern equivalent of the 7380 conversion?

Thanks much.

You can try looking here: System Mgmt --> Rebuild Processes --> Mfg / Distribution
Epicor moved some of the more commonly run conversion programs to the client menu.

Thanks Bruce. We had already looked there, and didn’t see it. There were only two discrepancies so we just deleted and reinstalled the PartBinInfo records for those two part/bin combinations, so we worked around it that way.

make-it-stop

Yes, now that I look, I don’t see 7380 in E10 anymore either.
Not in conversion workbench or the rebuild menu.

Wonder if “Refresh PartBin QOH From PartTran” would take care of PartBinInfo too?

We ran it just last week and it seemed to fix PartBin quantities. It can take a bit of time though.

1 Like

PartBin quantities yes, but I was talking about PartBinInfo quantities on hand.

Ah, you did. Not sure. Sorry about that.

I had a partbin issue the other day. The QOH was zero, and no allocations.

Had to do a Qty Adj of 1, followed by another of -1. Then the bin record poofed away

Understood. But this forum post will live on and others, especially from pre 10.2 will get the idea that using direct SSMS is the way to correct errors. As Bart has said on this forum several times, it is not the approved way to go anymore. There is more going on with triggers and caching that may not occur directly updating the database. I, personally, leave these types of fixes up to Epicor Support for two reasons:

• They know where the landmines are to avoid.

• That can fix an issue so others won’t experience it.

I know I’m a jerk about this, and people are free to do what they wish to their database, but new readers need to understand the risk they are taking with their data.

Mark W.

2 Likes

Should I have run the Recalc QOH from part Trans utility instead?

I thought using the Qty Adjustment program would be safe as it performs all the BO stuff.

I’m guessing this would have fixed your issue too.

In general I iike to include this and/or “Refresh Part Quantities and Allocations” in a maintenance routine to find/fix qty/display issues that might go unnoticed…
e.g. when summary values in the PartWhse table that can get out of sync.

Hey Calvin,

I TOTALLY missed that you were using the Quantity Adjustment command from the original post. My apologies on the trigger finger. :zipper_mouth_face:

OTOH, this shows up today… Bulk change default report style? - Solution Workbench not handing this - #4 by Adam - ERP 10 - Epicor User Help Forum :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Mark W.

1 Like