Need Help Adding JobMtl.DocUnitPrice to SCTicket Service Call Center

@bordway,

I was actually looking into subreport but am fuzzy on how they work.

I created a report and called it ServCall_Labor.

On the main report ServCall, I added a line in the matrix and added a blank subreport to it.

I am unsure what to add as the parameters to send to the subreport. I would like to pull all the lines for the JobMtl table first to make sure it works, then use visibility to hide the unnecessary lines.

Any ideas?

new subreport
I’ll see if I can come up an example tomorrow - or might be some existing threads here.
In the meantime…
I might try attacking via an existing subreport - “ServCall_Materials.RDL”
Since it’s the one that uses that JobMtl table.
If you can get DocUnitPrice added - then you may be able to built a calculated field(s) for display in the parent report.

Ref screen shot for ServCal_Materials.RDL

• steps to add DocUnitPrice would be similar to those in the thread I referenced earlier

@bordway

OK, I am lost.

My subreport I created for JobMtl table is pulling every row but the ones I need.

It seems to be filtering out the rows I wanted to pull in.

It pulls in the Parts but not the Labor, Freight, & Misc. Charges.

Anything you can think of will be most helpful.

I appreciate you taking this time to try and help me. I am learning more about it as I go.

Thank you @bordway!

Can you mock the desired view up in a BAQ - using the same tables from the RDD?
FSCalHd, FSCallDt, JobMtl, etc…

When I have something a little unusual like this, I find that a BAQ can be the easiest way to identify which tables, joins, groupings, calc fields I’ll need for the report. Once I know that, (I think) it gets easier to weave everything back into the SSRS report.

I had some time to look this afternoon but…
Since I don’t have access to a system with SC Tickets, I found myself guessing at table joins. (Which I still think is the first thing needed before doing too much with the report itself).
So no answer for you but…
Here is a zip with some of my notes & a few example BAQs & maybe something included in it will help.
SCTicketReportNotes.zip (753.1 KB)