Multiple Epicor Icons on Taskbar

Users have reported that the main Epicor home page opens up under the RDP icon while other Epicor screens correctly open up under the correct Epicor icon.

Any advice on where to look to correct this?

Users are all on Window 10.

We are on E10.2.400.10 and it is deployed as a Remote App. We are using single sign-on to the Modern Shell view.

The App, SQL, and RDS server is on Windows 2019 Standard.

Thank you all.

I think this is why. If it were deployed as a client application, it wouldn’t have that.

1 Like

The weird thing is that when we were on E10.0 and the servers were on 2012 R2, it didn’t do that. Also we have one business unit on Windows 2016 Servers and everything opens up under the Epicor icon.

My hunch is that it could be a Windows 2019 thing, i just don’t know where to look to try to correct it.

I would also like to figure this out! We have this same issue. RemoteApp running on Server 2019

sounds like @jgehling is having the same thing with sever 2019…

Glad I’m not the only one…

1 Like

I opened up a ticket with Epicor on this. At first it seemed they didn’t want to help and told me to post on here.

I let them know it seems like others are having similar issues too and the case got escalated.

So now Epicor support is telling people to go find there answer on a third party sharing site?

1 Like

I mean they may have a point, but I would imagine that they’d be interested in helping their customers research this.

Can you change the icon to the Remote App? (Properties | Icon) Or can you create a Short-Cut to the Remote App? If so, you can change the Icon there.