Multiple companies, Same Menu Item, Different Customizations

How can I make a customization default only for certain companies without making duplicate menus for each company with different customization settings?

My problem is similar to this:
http://erp.ittoolbox.com/groups/technical-functional/epicor-l/epicor-customization-multiple-companies-5193956

You can make the customization company specific
Then make X different customizations with the same name on each company… Give that a shot.

For some reason, it will not let me uncheck the ALL COMPANIES box on customization.

Make a copy of it you can’t un-check it once its made… SAVE AS :slight_smile:

1 Like

To clarify, I don’t like that you have to make a copy, but I appreciate knowing that’s the case…:grinning:

For (my) future reference (on 10.2.300.18 here) - I had an Order Entry customization as ‘All Companies’, and then we added a new company which needed BASE. To get this working properly, I had to:

1. Open Order Entry in BASE mode and save it as company-specific.
  2. Save the previous All Companies customization as company-specific to the other company.
  3. Then in Menu Maintenance, I navigated to Order Entry, Actions > Copy to Current Company, then selected the customization I needed on the current company.
  4. Then change companies, open Menu Maintenance again, copy to current company, and select the other customization.

Doing this once worked on the other menu items too - I only did it in Sales Management > CRM > General > Order Entry, and did not have to do it in Sales > Order > General > Order Entry