Most wanted features/solutions

The knowledge of the revisions in stock.

We produce parts with revision, we sell parts with revisions, but in inventory, we only place parts

How do we know from which revision? is the current stock in inventory? If the revision changes, in the system we cannot know how much from the previous revision are in stock?

Of course we can look on our package where the revision from the production is on the label…(.where this process is manual and takes time.) … but not via inventory reports. The only way would be to use lot#, which is overkill in my view…

Or via scanning the packages on shipping… but this would require more customization …

Pierre

3 posts were split to a new topic: Allow Inventory by Part Revision

Be able to check out more than one part at a time to Engineering Workbench.

3 Likes

Thought you could already do that as long as it was a diff part/rev? No?

He means not having to go through the checkout screen one at a time. You can have more than one checked out, but you you have to go through the checkout screen one at a time.

And yes +1000000000 for that one.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Add ability to create User Profile Templates based on Department or Position

Chris - Can the forum software host an indefinitely running poll - I’m thinking a list where forum users can click on a wish item and increment it with a “Me Too”! Or overcomplicate it with a weighted avg with say their top 5’s…

1 Like

Epicor should have this… See this link for a functional example. Feature Requests | ClickUp

Be able to use a SQL stored procedure as a data source in dashboards.

IMHO, I would prefer to be able to create views or stored procedures WITHIN the Entity Framework. Using Stored Procedures completely bypasses the Epicor Security model. It also appears that adding views manually has broken the upgrade process for several users on this list.

5 Likes

I thought this was a non issue in 10 since it now has sub-queries with CTEs?

2 posts were split to a new topic: Allow the creation of Temp Tables in a BAQ

Ability to duplicate (clone) a subquery in BAQ designer and import a subquery from another query.

1 Like

Add counters to log how often certain menu items are accessed.

Prevents users from saying Hey! That’s very important!!! while having only run it once (or never).

4 Likes

YES! And BAQs and Reports run too!!!

2 Likes

Remembering an old home grown system we used to have, it had a report counter built in. Would also be nice to know when it was run last and by whom.

1 Like

Menu maintenance
Having an easier way to modify the customization associated with the menu Whenever I need to make a change in Part form, it is 13 menus I need to access, double it if the change is needed as well for the Part tracker !

So some way to access one of the menu of Part, and there would be the list (menu item, custo associated and a select checkbox) of the other menus where part is used and we could select a button to apply to all ! and unselect their respective checkbox where no need to apply the change…

unless it already exists in a more recent version than current one? 10.0

Pierre

3 Likes

BAQs I can help you with – I have that running on my system already. I think I actually took an example posted on this very forum if you search back for it….

It’s not for Menus or Reports – I think one of the VARs has already done something for Menu Usage that Epicor could purchase and plonk into the product or rewrite as their own.

Just a snippet of the ones that have run today – the number of times isn’t just today, that’s since I turned on the logging (seemingly 10th Feb 2017 by looking at the data).

You can do this using DMT no problems.

Kind of irrelevant as far as actual Epicor features go, but I’d really be interested into more training than just the ICE Tools and Customization user guides.

I’m not exactly from a programming background, but I have done a small amount of Vb for an internally developed application. We have not completed our implementation, but as far as customizations go it seems like the sky is the limit, and I’m not sure where to start.

1 Like