Microsoft Flow as an Alternative to SC

I can really see it both ways - the private channels do seem like a potential administrative nightmare which might explain why it is taking Microsoft so long to address this request.

The whole team is based on a O365 Security Group and the users are asking for a security level underneath, so I can see it is kind of a big deal.

I know this thread went in a few directions on “Teams” but back to FLOW. Until we can move to another BI platform, I will need to extract about 20 files most daily but one weekly and one monthly.

Flow seems like it can work - but I have never used it . I am thinking this might have the same issue with the rest connection. I am trying to replication the BAQ export process. I know I can run jobs and save them on the server and then manually download them but that will not work.

Currently, we save to a folder on EMS server (We are ems moving to public). We then have scripts running to pull the files from EMS to our server for loading.

Any thoughts on this.

Flow is pretty much a code free way to do this and works great. You can extract by using REST and use canned objects to create the file. The scheduler, file location (Sharepoint, or File System), and ability to run ad-hoc, plus email notification all come along for the ride. You can even re-run, if the flow errors, from your Mobile device :slight_smile:

1 Like

Use Epicor Functions in 10.2.500 and you can trigger any actions you need orchestrating that within a transaction called from the Flow (or other tools as you need).
That helps you keep your logic together and maintain a stable contract you control for integrations.

4 Likes

@Edge Any chance Epicor will provide a repository for users to share these functions? This could be awesome to extend the application with common standard integrations.

1 Like

All I can say is we have discussed this and we See this as a great opportunity to make upgrading in the cloud and reuse easier.

1 Like