Logo blank in PDF Emails and Faxes (Resolved)

Changing the rendering did make the logo appear. Thanks!

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "jarradlayne" <jarradlayne@...> wrote:
>
> Hello Group,
>
> I am having an issue when I am using APM to email and fax documents that include a logo. When I print preview the document I see the logo. However when it is passed to APM and emailed or faxed I pull up the document the logo is just a black rectangle. Does APM have trouble with logos, or is there a formatting step I am missing. Any info would be appreciated.
>
> The logo is a JPEG file in a crystal report. Epicor version 9.05.700A
>
> Thanks,
> Jarrad
>
Hello Group,

I am having an issue when I am using APM to email and fax documents that include a logo. When I print preview the document I see the logo. However when it is passed to APM and emailed or faxed I pull up the document the logo is just a black rectangle. Does APM have trouble with logos, or is there a formatting step I am missing. Any info would be appreciated.

The logo is a JPEG file in a crystal report. Epicor version 9.05.700A

Thanks,
Jarrad

I think it must be a formatting issue. I know when I used a .jpg I think the size was to large.  Try switching formats to like .png and see if that helps, or make sure that the JPG isn't huge.  We print with APM and have no trouble with our logo.  

---In vantage@yahoogroups.com, <jarradlayne@...> wrote:

Hello Group,

I am having an issue when I am using APM to email and fax documents that include a logo. When I print preview the document I see the logo. However when it is passed to APM and emailed or faxed I pull up the document the logo is just a black rectangle. Does APM have trouble with logos, or is there a formatting step I am missing. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jarrad

Hi,

In APM check the rendering options. It should be default or 1BPP (black & white).

Terrance M. Hall

Technical Support Supervisor

A.Y. McDonald Mfg. Co.

Dubuque, IA 52002

thall@...

563-583-7311 ext. 5247

A.Y. McDonald - A Family Company for Five Generations

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:

This email message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of ralmon@...
Sent: Friday, October 18, 2013 6:22 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] RE: Logo blank in PDF Emails and Faxes

I think it must be a formatting issue. I know when I used a .jpg I think the size was to large.  Try switching formats to like .png and see if that helps, or make sure that the JPG isn't huge.  We print with APM and have no trouble with our logo.  

Hello Group,

Thanks,
Jarrad

Hi,

You will not be able to fax color logos. They should be black and white.  

Terrance M. Hall

A.Y. McDonald Mfg. Co.

Dubuque, IA 52002

thall@...

563-583-7311 ext. 5247

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:

This email message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Karen Schoenung
Sent: Friday, October 18, 2013 8:16 AM
Subject: RE: [Vantage] RE: Logo blank in PDF Emails and Faxes

We have the rendering options set on each form – and for those with logos, we use 4 BPP (16 color palette) and we have color logos then.  If that does not work, you might want to see if it is a size thing, reduce the size of the logo?

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Terry M. Hall
Sent: Friday, October 18, 2013 7:37 AM
To: 'vantage@yahoogroups.com'
Subject: RE: [Vantage] RE: Logo blank in PDF Emails and Faxes

Hi,

In APM check the rendering options. It should be default or 1BPP (black & white).

Terrance M. Hall

A.Y. McDonald Mfg. Co.

Dubuque, IA 52002

thall@...

563-583-7311 ext. 5247

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of ralmon@...
Sent: Friday, October 18, 2013 6:22 AM
Subject: [Vantage] RE: Logo blank in PDF Emails and Faxes

Hello Group,

Thanks,
Jarrad