Keyboard Shortcuts in UD Menu

Do CTRL+INS (for Copy), SHIFT+DEL (for Cut), and SHIFT+INS (for Paste) work?

Not recommending as a solution, but just gathering data on this issue.

SHIFT-INS/DEL works, yes. (this is getting more and more strange)

So this is restricted to just a control you added? Or is it seen in any of the “original” controls on the form?

Happen across all forms, or just specific ones?

Does the control currently have a binding to a DB field?

1 Like

It seems to happen to any controls I add across any forms. For example, the User Account Security menu has a few controls on it that I have added, and I am unable to CTRL-C/V in those. But, the ‘original’ controls on that menu work as expected with those key combos.

The control is not bound to anything, no.

I’m not able to replicate it on 10.1.400.23.

The client program is running on the users machine? (as opposed to EWA, Citrix, Terminal Services, etc…)

Correct, it is a local install of the client. And this is not restricted to a single user/computer. It is all users and computers and Windows 7/10.

Also, I can Right click and select Paste and it works. But, if I go to the the Edit menu in the menubar and select Paste, it does not.

Try setting Ctrl+C to another function in the preferences - obviously choose a safe one.

Then see if pressing Ctrl+C tries to perform the newly selected function. I changed Ctrl+C to “Copy Order” (on the Order Entry Screen):

Highlighting text and then Hitting Ctrl+C makes the Copy Order dialog pop up.

If that doesn’t work, then it looks like something is intercepting that key sequence prior to it reaching the client program.

If it does the new function then the keys are getting to the client program. And maybe switching it back to “Copy” will fix it.

So clicking Paste (I assume it’s not disabled) doesn’t even work?

Does the edit menu show the key’s assigned? Here’s mine (after I reassigned Ctrl+C to something other than Copy)

Correct. Clicking Paste in the Edit menu does not work. And yes, it does show the key assignments (which disappeared when I assigned it to another function).

I assigned CTRL-C to ‘Field Help’, and when I hit CTRL-C after closing/reopening the form, the Field Help menu appeared. Switch it back to Copy and it stops functioning.

Anything “special” about your environment?

Like government computers, non standard keyboards, paranoid ownership that may have had key loggers or other software installed?

Nothing of the sort, no. Standard QWERTY keyboards, with standard Dell computers, and standard AV (TrendMicro), and the last I checked I didn’t install any keyloggers, heh. I do appreciate the ‘outside of the box’ thinking though :slight_smile:

Have you contacted support ? ( I personally would have tried resolving it myself first)

But I think we’ve ruled out it being something other than the client software.

One last thing… Has this been an issue since day one? Since a recent change or upgrade?

As far as I can remember, it has been an issue since our migration from E9 to 10.1 a little over a year ago. And I haven’t contacted support yet, as it has not been something that has burdened too many of us. It is more of an inconvenience than anything.

I think I found the answer …unfortunately…

And Jose is about the best Epicor guru here.

That he is. @josecgomez has helped me out quite a few times. However, it seems that this time he may not have the answer I am looking for. Jose, do you still notice if that CTRL-C/V issue is lingering around? In my situation, I’ve restarted Epicor a few hundred times this past year+, and this issue has never gone away for me.

… was the answer. :frowning:

That bug was only in the script editor. Not the regular form.

But we know there are several forms where C&P keyboard shorcuts don’t work. BAQ Designer is one (I think)

I occasionally have issues with the script editor not taking the CTRL-C/V, but it is rare. I have more issues with the Right Click causing an unhandled exception error in the script editor.