Intermec CK71 Configuration

Hi,
I’ve been reading the threads about using handheld barcode scanners. This looks like the favorite. It looks like there are tons of configuration options. What would you suggest we need? Also, can we use these with E9 (upgrading in the fall to 10) if we RDP into them?

Thanks
Melissa

http://www.barcodegiant.com/intermec/ck71.htm

Usually if you can find an Intermec dealer you can request demo’s that you can review and test.
If not, then I wouldn’t purchase more than one for you to test and configure to confirm it will work for your needs, seems like everyone has slightly different expectations.
I have used the Intermec CK3 for two Epicor customers and I thought they worked very well for the Handheld module. Our dealer brought out the CK71 when it came out and it would have done very nicely too but the warehouse folks thought it was too bulky.
As long as you have AMM you can configure most windows based handhelds to work via RDP. There are several threads here on different ways to accomplish that.

Melissa,
While trying to help on another post:

I found the resources I was looking for, on my own blog! :confounded: I can’t believe it took me so long, it was right under my nose! Anyways, this post details how to setup an Intermec CK3 for use with Epicor Handheld. The key here is that the Intermec (or now, Honeywell) CK3 runs on Windows Mobile 6.1 or 6.5 depending on the model year. The CK71 is bigger, has a better drop spec and heavier, but I believe it comes with Windows Mobile 6.5. A newer model the CK75, might be worth a look. One thought though, include the people who will be expected to use the devices in the model selection process. One experience I had was that the IT department selected the unit without consulting the users and the devices were not accepted very well and while they were super rugged, they were referred to as ‘bricks’ because of their weight and difficultly to hold (I think they were old CK61’s). Ended up replacing them with CK3’s and that went much better.
Either way, once you get around to configuring the units, this blog post may prove helpful, thought I bet there will be differences, it should get you on the right path:

Thanks for the help :smile: