Insights 2017 - Monday Night Italian Dinner

I figured I would start a new thread where you guys can express your interest in going to dinner Monday night of the Insights convention. Time to be determined (6-8pm range)

All are welcome. Everyone is going dutch (except for the rounds of beer I buy in exchange for information). Expect a casual environment for good food, fellowship, and some exchange of information.

The venue is an authentic Italian restaurant owned by a friend of mine from Naples. The best Neapolitan pizzas this side of the Atlantic and the best Tiramisu I have ever had (and I used to live in Italy). Average meal cost is $30 not including liquor\liquid assets. Full bar with homemade Limoncello (warning - it’s STOUT)

Please let me know if you are coming so I can the proper number of seats reserved. I would imagine we’ll work out some car pooling so only a few people will have to be “responsible”.

2 Likes

@Chris_Conn May I recommend a place inside the resort? Most of us are going to fly in and don’t have a car or a reliable way to get anywhere… Except perhaps Uber… but if most people will be at the resort anyways… Just a thought?

1 Like

I’m up for a meet at the resort, off campus I’m likely to be a complete mess and not as productive…

1 Like

I agree with Jose. Taking it offsite might reduce the number of folks and keeping it onsite would give folks the chance to meander from the Welcome Reception as well.

1 Like

In that case, I withdraw my awesome proposal.

bahahah you don’t want to do it in the resort?

No I still want to do it, I just meant as far as my choice of venue. I was just planning a dinner outing where I knew we would be catered to. I didn’t realize this was the map they are passing out for the event:

.:sweat_smile:

I figure we’ll find a place there in the resort

5 Likes

Wait, what? I was planning on this…

6 Likes

I’d like to try and find the time to squeeze in a time to try it.

I’m driving in with some co-workers. I could maybe use the company van or I’m cool with on-campus but also good to share a cab / uber / lyft to the restaurant if others are as well.

1 Like

Ogres have layers? Layers of lairs? :wink:

1 Like

I can fit 4 passengers (3 comfortably) for any Music City outings.

1 Like

I don’t know most of you except from your frequent postings here, but am driving down to the conference and would be happy to trade transportation through the Valley of Ogres and over the River of Fire in exchange for an opportunity to network and a chance to learn.

Like @Chris_Conn I could fit 4, 3 comfortably.

Did that come over too stalkerish? :grimacing:

3 Likes

Fire and Lava and Ogres…OH MY!

2 Likes

So I’ve for my company van plus the transport Chris and Charlie have. Hopefully that’ll be enough for us all to traverse the yellow brick road.

1 Like

I’m not staying in the resort, (doing an AirBnB just over the Lake of Fire, just a shame no foot bridges :unamused:) so I’m happy to go anywhere.

2 Likes

@Mark_Wonsil I can’t stop laughing at this! I’ve ALWAYS wanted to meet a Bergen, uh, I mean Ogre!

<–Helps if you have a toddler at home… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Depends, is this your van? :smiley:

5 Likes

LMBO!!! :joy:
And is this your idea of dressing casual…

1 Like

Years after reading Stephen King’s “IT”, clowns still creep me out.

2 Likes

Let me know if you folks are finalizing this. If you want, I’ll try to drag a couple of team members along.

4 Likes