I'm trying to open the project memo window from a dashboard but it doesn't work

Here’s my code on button click:

string projectID;
_txtProjectID = (EpiTextBox)csm.GetNativeControlReference("19665c97-7209-4997-a03f-0dd3e3f7b052");
projectID = _txtProjectID.Text;
ProcessCaller.LaunchForm(oTrans, "XAMEMO", new LaunchFormOptions
{
	IsModal = false,
	ValueIn = projectID
});

I get this message since I’m in debug mode:

Problem is that nothing happens after than, no memo form…

Should I put a .dll instead of XAMEMO in the 2nd parameter of LaunchForm? I onced manage to open buld project analysis with this code but there’s a dll instead. If so, how can i find the dll of the project memo form?

Thanks a lot

You might have to look at:

Which shows that Epicor has a this.LaunchMemoEditor method. in MemoHelper class. You might have to use that or do some research how Epicor invokes it.

Actually if you just Reflect on the UI Application for Project Entry you should find:

public class ProjectEntryMemoHelper : MemoHelper

this.LaunchMemoEditor(transaction.projectID, "Project");

If I recall from my E9 days The MemoHelper Delegate in a Nutshell does something like this:
Look at some of those Assemblies, not sure what their names are in E10

Assembly memoAdapterAssembly = ClientAssemblyRetriever
    .ForILaunch(this.Transaction)
    .RetrieveAssembly("Epicor.Mfg.AD.Memo.dll");
Type memoArgsType = memoAdapterAssembly.GetType("Epicor.Mfg.UI.App.MemoEntry.MemoArgs");
MethodInfo startNonModalMethod = memoArgsType.GetMethod(
    "StartNonModal",
    BindingFlags.Public | BindingFlags.Static,
    null,
    new Type[] { typeof(Form), typeof(string), typeof(string), typeof(string), typeof(string), typeof(string), typeof(string), typeof(string), typeof(ProcessCallerCallBack) },
    null);
MemoHelper.memoLauncher = (MemoLauncherDelegate)Delegate.CreateDelegate(
    typeof(MemoLauncherDelegate), startNonModalMethod);

Thanks but I’ve been testing your code in the upper section and I can’t make it work on a button click.
Also, if I just want to add the option in the toolbar, not sure what the Key1 is supposed to be in your DataRow. Should I put Project_ProjectID from my view and in my second parameter I put “Project:” so I can open the memo editor for the project?

Sorry but I still can’t get it working. Any way to call the LaunchMemoEditor on button click? Nothing opens when I do this: this.LaunchMemoEditor(projectID, “Project:”);