Handheld Login Screen

Yep I agree. I just about had a haemorrhage when I discovered that our custom menus are hard coded into erp.Menu.Handheld.dll! I know that’s resolved in 10.2… But the forms don’t appear to work consistently with the parameters that get passed in the arguments field of the menu (that’s the field you tell the form what customisation to use). Then theirs the lack of information around those parameters. I have asked several people and really have had no response, which is dissapointing. I’ve worked out the -be means base extension and -c means customisation not sure what -r really does, but I’m sure its something to do with handheld as most of the time it is suffixed with HH. then of course you have -formName which tells the program to use the specific form that is in the library. Material queue is a good example there.

All I can say is only if we had an app that allowed you to connect via REST and it allowed you to add your own custom forms and menus.

Unless there is a method I havent learned yet, you still have to code it.

I thought is was just update the the table mesmenu like mentioned in one of the other posts.

There is a table, but it’s a system table, you cant do anything with it (if you could, theres no guarantee Epicor wouldnt overwrite it). What I’ve been doing is modifying the table in memory.

If you prefer, you can also modify the return of the table in a BPM as a neat trick I figured out.

2 Likes

Or add a ud field then mod the view…can you add UD fields to a system table? Haven’t tried that… Regen would overwrite it but you could rebuild… Fiddling like that wouldn’t be supported, just spitballing…

It’s my understanding that the Biscit app will be available soon using the kinetic framework.