Handheld Login Screen

Or have you logged in? The application runs under your user account which at that point I thought would have logged in, because you are actually entering your employeeid which is linked to the userid…

Interestingly if you click ESC you still get the Epicor Handheld menu and then have to exit from there.

I really shouldn’t have chimed in, as I’m unfamiliar with Epicor Handheld.

1 Like

All good @ckrusen. I can use all the help I can get.

So turns out the guid on the form changes so customisations get lost. I think this also happens for the buttons on the menu form as well, I tried to change the size and location of the buttons and they reverted back to their orginal after saving and closing.

From speaking to other people I know the Epicor HH adjusting screen sizes etc isn’t possible on some screens. Then again for the things we do we have looked outside the Epicor box so to speak and have also looked at a company called BiscIT…https://www.biscit.com.au/
Depending on your needs you could look at them.

Wasn’t there a thread a year or so ago that talked about traversing a form’s elements/controls hierarchy? Maybe you can have code to “find” the GUID of the form based on some selection criteria (like object type). and then set those object’s properties.

Edit: Here’s the post

1 Like

@Hally set the dimensions in Code. On Form_Load does that work?
HHLoginForm.Height=XXX;

Tried hhform.Size = new System.Drawing.Size(X,X);
Code just disappears when you save close and reopen the form.

@ckrusen Love your idea,but I have to agree with @Rich. This sort of thing should be stomped on and it should go through the right channels. You can’t improve product if workarounds keep being used, and the developers aren’t given the opportunity to at least know about the issue…:thinking: Perhaps they have and it just hasn’t made it up the priority list. I get that too.

We (Bracalente Manufacturing Company) have been live with the BISCit android-based handheld solution for about a month now and are VERY happy with their product. It’s light years ahead of the stale Epicor handheld product. The company is very responsive. Happy to show/share the system with anyone who is interested. It works on 10.1.5 and above. We are on 10.1.6 going to 10.2.300

2 Likes

This issue, among others, is a huge reason I decided to home brew a native Android app.

4 Likes

much agreed… the redo of their hand held system is nowhere in sight and us little guys have no access to build this yet in kinetix… and some of us just can’t wait for them. Kudos @hmwillett Been there done that.

3 Likes

If I had the time I would have too, but that’s the way it is :neutral_face:

Yep - waiting for some of that Kinetic access myself

And it doesn’t have to be the full SDK, just the Kinetic Design Specs might keep customers from wasting time going down a path that could change later.

1 Like

Ewwww that’s awesome! Demo, Demo!

Yep I agree. I just about had a haemorrhage when I discovered that our custom menus are hard coded into erp.Menu.Handheld.dll! I know that’s resolved in 10.2… But the forms don’t appear to work consistently with the parameters that get passed in the arguments field of the menu (that’s the field you tell the form what customisation to use). Then theirs the lack of information around those parameters. I have asked several people and really have had no response, which is dissapointing. I’ve worked out the -be means base extension and -c means customisation not sure what -r really does, but I’m sure its something to do with handheld as most of the time it is suffixed with HH. then of course you have -formName which tells the program to use the specific form that is in the library. Material queue is a good example there.

All I can say is only if we had an app that allowed you to connect via REST and it allowed you to add your own custom forms and menus.

Unless there is a method I havent learned yet, you still have to code it.

I thought is was just update the the table mesmenu like mentioned in one of the other posts.

There is a table, but it’s a system table, you cant do anything with it (if you could, theres no guarantee Epicor wouldnt overwrite it). What I’ve been doing is modifying the table in memory.

If you prefer, you can also modify the return of the table in a BPM as a neat trick I figured out.

2 Likes