Forecast Entry Import

We are looking at getting MRP going and importing Forecasts into the system. Right now I am testing everything but am getting an error with my Forecast Import. The error says:

“The string was not recognized as a valid DateTime. There is an unknown word starting at index 0.Couldn’t store in ForeDate Column. Expected type is DateTime.”

My DateTime format is 9/30/2019 00:00:00

I am sure this is a simple solution or maybe I need to do something differently but I do not see a clear cut answer on any forum or help document. Was hoping someone could give me a quick fix to keep moving on this.

Along with this error, does someone know a complete template for importing in the Forecast?

Thanks in advance.

This is DMT? Which table are you importing in to? Are you using excel file? CSV?

I was using the Import Forecast selection under the Actions Tab in Forecast Entry. I chose the CSV file that I created and chose import and that’s as far as I’ve gotten.

This could be completely wrong, that is just what I’ve tried from reading all the help files that aren’t very helpful.

Date only, no time.

I haven’t used that feature before, sorry I am not going to be much help.

The field is DateTime so it must include time. I just got it to work because I deleted the headings. Now I am getting an error that the file type is not right, but everything I see says to use CSV.

Thank you guys for replying. I finally figured it out. I needed to leave the headings out and the columns had to be in perfect order and filled out completely

The date format does contain time, it just depends how you’ve set up the appearance in the .csv file.

I always start with an export, and match the data formats when adding to the external forecast.

1 Like

I have never imported a forecast with time. Now that you have it right. Export the forecast and you will see what is needed for an import.

Charlie Smith

CRS Consulting Services

860-919-1708

It could just be the way Excel portrays the date field in the .csv - defaulting to date and time. The values are all at 0:00:00 o’clock.

I may have misspoken when I thought that was the way the data came out of Epicor. I don’t alter the format of the data when building the forecast from the exported file. Since the data has the date and time in the export, I use the same format for importing. However, the time being displayed could be an Excel .csv file handling feature, and not imbedded in the Epicor forecast export.