Epicor Web Access URL Parameters

Anyone know if it is possible to pass a parameter to a form url such as PO tracker to automatically load a PO number?

Yeah thereā€™s a thread about this somewhere inhereā€¦ do some searching but I know its there.

This was the only one I had found prior to creating the post but it doesnā€™t give any idea what the parameter would be.

Hmm thereā€™s one let me see if I can find it.

Your search skills are poor sir! LoL :smile:

1 Like

This comes across as extremely condescending, even with the smiley emoji. I once searched for days through dozens of links on e10help and many other sites for the solution to my problem. I couldnā€™t find the answer to my specific version\language, and at my wits end, I finally posted here for help, only to be told by Jose to google harder.

This killed my topic. There was no further discussion. If you didnā€™t want to answer, you could have remained silent and a new discussion might have ensued that was more encompassing and up to date, and it could have stood as a new place for people in the future searching to find an updated answer. But mostly, it just left a bad taste in my mouth.

Versions change. Languages change. Methods and functions are deprecated, better solutions are found. Not everyone is a Gold Star Dev that can solution the world. Thatā€™s why we come here. To gain knowledge and build solutions, and then in turn, we share and contribute back.

I eventually pieced together the solution to my problem. I found the key to what I needed on stack exchange, as none of the multitude of topics I poured through on e10help quite covered my exact scenario and I kept hitting dead ends. I built my own comprehensive documentation on the topic, but that knowledge wonā€™t be found here by future searchers (poor skills or not).

If you want this to be a community that flourishes and grows members that contribute back, let other people provide answers to questions if you canā€™t be bothered with it. Now, I have some email notification preferences to adjust. /soapbox off

EDIT: Jose reached out to me directly, and everything is resolved. I really do appreciate the response, and hope I didnā€™t come across as overly bitter, itā€™s been pent up for a while, and it came out rather abruptly. Iā€™m really sorry (@tkoch) for taking away from your topic. I asked Jose to modify or delete my response so people searching in the future donā€™t have to jump over it, and he said, ā€œI donā€™t want to hide when I screw upā€ and refused to change anything. Total integrity. I have gained a wealth of information from e10help, and Iā€™m happy to give back where I can. If I can get freed up today, Iā€™ll compile and post what I came up with and we can see if it applies to your situation, Theodore. /last soapbox, I promise

1 Like

Ah I didnā€™t read far enough down on the Launching Specific Epicor Module post, thought it was just for desktop shortcuts based on the title. Thanks Jose

1 Like

Lee I was being funnyā€¦ I donā€™t think @tkoch too offense to thatā€¦ I did give him the answer after allā€¦ If I ofended you @tkoch I apologize.
The reason your post "diedā€™ was because you didnā€™t come back and said you had no luck this has indeed been addressed several times before I was trying to point you in the right direction.
Sorry you took it the wrong way, I would have gladly helped you further or others would have too if you had followed up and said I canā€™t find it. Like @tkoch did, I will try to turn down my sarcasm if thatā€™s what turned you off sorry dude.

I really wasnā€™t trying to offend you or anyone sorry @LeeB my responses are always meant to be helpful and the one I gave to you clearly wasnā€™t helpful to you. Iā€™ll work on making sure that when I do say ā€œgo search for itā€ it is understood that you are welcomed to ask follow up questions if you canā€™t find the answer.

Haha Iā€™m good, takes a lot to offend me.

By the way, the solution to this is to add ID=[record id] as an extra parameter to the url that calls the form.

1 Like

Does this work for all forms? or just PO Tracker?.. #Curious

Only tried PO Tracker, let me try some others.

:heavy_check_mark: PO Tracker
:heavy_check_mark: Order Tracker
:heavy_check_mark: Job Tracker
:heavy_check_mark: Quote Tracker
:heavy_check_mark: Job Entry

3 Likes

Resurrecting this topic to ask: is this possible to do with Kinetics at all?