Epicor Mobile CRM Firewall config

Hello all,
We’re testing the Mobile CRM app and will be for a while, but while we trial this app, my Epicor server is exposed to the outside world. Does anyone know of a config/security guide that IT admins like me can use in fine tuning access through our firewall? Or, does anyone have a list of the ports used?
I traced the packets on my firewall and there were many, many ports being used, so perhaps there’s a range dedicated to this app?

Mobile CRM uses the REST APIs to connect to Epicor so typically port 443 will be used, that is the only port we have openned from what I can see. We did set up a separate Epicor App Sever just to handle mobile and web connections to avoid exposure of the main app server. This also gives us the option to disable these connections in isolation from the main .

1 Like

Do you lock down the application any further? We have the same setup with a separate application server on a DMZ, but I was hoping to use API keys or Access Scope to further regulate who can access the server.

good thread to read about exposing your Epicor server to the outside world

2 Likes

Well that was easy… Thanks @mark.yates . 443 is all that was apparently required.
I plan on thoroughly reviewing the info referenced by @A.Baeisa (thanks!) as that appears to be a very interesting discussion on the broader topic of securing the installation.

1 Like