Embedded Dashboard error on Customer Tracker

Using the existing Customer Tracker, I am trying to add a customized dashboard assembly (using an external BAQ). A Tracker Filter was defined on the Dashboard using CustID.

I used the option: “Subscribe to UI data (include Retrieve button)” and include the Customer.CustID field.

I want to Subscribe to the Customer.CustID column to the CustID from the external BAQ. It embeds the dashboard fine, but immediately throw the message:

“Warning- Embedded Dashboard invoked as a Subscriber, but there is no Filter defined for the Published columns. Please notify system administrator.”

My customized dashboard does not return any data nor does it allow the tracker/filter prompt to have data entered.

Does the tracker have that field set as prompt?

I defined the CustID as an input prompt, but suspect because the field is an external query that it does not find “[Customer].[CustID]” from the Customer Tracker.

Ah, yes it won’t know what that field is. Maybe look at this post for a way to maybe go around it. I thought there was a way to set Context “Like” for external sources but I can’t find it now.

Pedro.

I tried your suggestion and still shows the same error message. I added the [Erp].[Customer] table to the external query and then added the [Customer].[CustID] as the Tracker Filter in the dashboard. What is interesting is some of the OpenWith functionality does work, but still the same result when trying to embed this dashboard into the Customer Tracker.

I had to add a dashboard browse to a the dashboard that I was importing to get this to work earlier. You could try that?

Brandon.

I saw that in another post, however I do not have that option in the dropdown in my dashboard query properties. If I try to just key-in, it takes me to another screen that is blank. It might be because this is an External Query not a an Epicor BAQ.

I have run out of ideas, and will have to see if Epicor Support has workarounds. I will report back if this is even possible.

We’re facing the same issue. Have you had any luck with support?

Tom - I’m totally stumped on this as well and am trying to do the exact same thing. Any luck on this issue?

I’m having the same error message about the’ embedded dashboard invoked as a subscriber etc.’ issue on a dashboard which should filter on the quotehed.quotenum in opportunity/quote entry.

Works fine in our production environment 10.0.700.4 but not in our test environment for our upgrade to 10.1.600.11 and I can’t see what is different between the two!

Seem to have found a solution:
I added a tracker view to the dashboard to display the published data I wanted the BAQs to filter on (QuoteHed.QuoteNum)

Context:
In our working version, (10.0) in our customized Quote Entry form, when you enter a quote number and tab, the dashboard browse fills with the quote number, Then, when you click ‘retrieve’ on our customized sheet, which contains a dashboard, the 3 BAQs within it should return data filtered on the quote number.

In our test-stage 10.1,quote entry form, the dashboard browse fills with the quote number but on clicking retrieve, the BAQ results did not filter on the quote number. All the settings were the same - publishing/prompt/filter etc.

Solution:
I added a tracker view to the dashboard which displayed the quote number, and now the BAQs within the dashboard can filter on the Quote Hed Number. I’m not suggesting this is an ideal answer but it allows the dashboard to function and the form now loads without the error message about an embedded dashboard invoked as a subscriber etc.