E10 VB error with clearList() and clearData()

Mr. Gomez: Thank you so much - I will give the case mod a try.

You are the MAN!

DaveO

I am in the process of upgrading our system from V9 to V10.

We have a customization applied to the customer shipment form.  It was written in VB (by an outside source).

I already added a missing assembly reference - however when I run the Test Code in V10 I get and error message: Error:

BC31429 - line 150 (736) - 'clearList' is ambiguous because multiple kinds of members with this name exist in class 'Ice.Lib.Framework.EpiBaseAdapter'.
 Error: BC31429 - line 151 (737) - 'clearData' is ambiguous because multiple kinds of members with this name exist in class 'Ice.Lib.Framework.EpiBaseAdapter'.

If I comment out the two lines then the form appears to load fine:

shipToAdapter.clearList()

shipToAdapter.clearData()

Has anyone seen this before?  Any suggestions on how I can debug this?

Thanks as always,

DaveO

Ph: 651-246-3281

First I highly recommend you convert it to C #... though I understand that may not be possible right now

Either way because VB is not Case Sensitive you are having this issue....the adapter has 2 methods
clearData() and ClearData()

clearData() has been obsoleted but it still exists in the DLL.....

same thing occurs with clearList() and ClearList()

Try using the new casing and see if it works, but otherwise you are going to be forced to translate to C# or maybe use Reflector (which may or may not work)...

Jose C Gomez
Software Engineer

T: 904.469.1524 mobile

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

On Mon, Jul 25, 2016 at 9:59 AM, daveolender@... [vantage] <vantage@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Â
<div>

<p><span>    </span></p><p><span></span></p><p>I am in the process of upgrading our system from V9 to V10.</p><p>We have a customization applied to the customer shipment form.  It was written in VB (by an outside source).</p><p><br></p><p>I already added a missing assembly reference - however when I run the Test Code in V10 I get and error message:  Error: </p><p><br></p><p>BC31429 - line 150 (736) - &#39;clearList&#39; is ambiguous because multiple kinds of members with this name exist in class &#39;Ice.Lib.Framework.EpiBaseAdapter&#39;.<br> Error: BC31429 - line 151 (737) - &#39;clearData&#39; is ambiguous because multiple kinds of members with this name exist in class &#39;Ice.Lib.Framework.EpiBaseAdapter&#39;.</p><p><br></p><p>If I comment out the two lines then the form appears to load fine:</p><p><br></p><p>shipToAdapter.clearList()</p><p>shipToAdapter.clearData()</p><p><br></p><p><br></p><p>Has anyone seen this before?  Any suggestions on how I can debug this?</p><p><br></p><p>Thanks as always,</p><p>DaveO</p><p>Ph: <a rel="nofollow">651-246-3281</a></p><p></p>

</div>

<div style="color:#fff;min-height:0;"></div>