E-mail stopped working, what to check for?

We have E10 send out and e-mail to Zapier for a automated task creation in the 3rd party software. For some reason, the last e-mail that was sent was on 7-8, and there should have been more sent today 7-11. From what we can tell, the e-mail service is working fine (from the outlook side), so it looks like it’s having problems on the epicor side. There are 2 different BPM’s that I have that have been sending.

I tried looking in the logs on the C: drive of the server, nothing there. I tried looking in the flight data recorder, and I don’t see anything there. Is there anywhere I can look to see what the problem is?

I think a little more context would be good, are you using the Epicor SMTP config to send the email or are you generating the email via a different client?

Standard Epicor config. We have a single e-mail address with the settings in Company Maintenance, with a user name and password that matches the outlook account created for it. Nothing fancy.

Are you able to send mail from that server outside of Epicor?

I’m not sure. We don’t have a local client for e-mail set up on the server. We just use web access for outlook to make sure the e-mail account is working. I’m not sure how I would originate one from the server. (you’ll have to excuse my ignorance)

To clarify a little more, if it makes a difference, this is an O365 account.

Are your email BPMs set up to send synchronously or asynchronously, assuming you’re using the Send Email widget?

Asynchronously. (if I remember correctly synchronously wouldn’t work at all), And yes, the e-mail widget.

We had issues where emails were either being delayed multiple hours or not sending at all when using asynchronous, so now most of our email BPMs use synchronous sending. I was going to suggest changing them to synchronous to see if that worked until I saw your edit.

Well I did find this that start happening when e-mails stopped working. So I think it might have something to do with it. Let’s see if I can kill Pilot and get prod running correctly.

We restarted the server, and it’s working again.

I think it’s related to a bad DMT version. When I tried to use the latest, things got hung up and derped up everything. That was last Friday. Now that we have reverted to an older version, and restarted, things seems to be working fine.

What version of DMT was bad? I recently had a bad version too that required me to roll back to get it to work for PO Receipts Combined

it was 4.0.40.0 for 10.2.200. 4.0.39.1 seems to be working fine for us.