Do you know if you can "tide" a customer to a site?

Good Morning:

Do you know if you can “tide” a customer so users can only create a sales order from a specific site ?

You may be able to do it with Territories. But that might cause more problems than its worth. A BPM is probably the way to go.

BTW - Orders aren’t really site specific. They only appear that way, as the site the order is started in, becomes the default fro which to ship from. If you create an order in Site A, but meant for it to be from B, you can change the ship from info on the releases. Granted you’d want to catch this befoe any jobs are created at the wrong site.

2 Likes

Thanks Calvin… I was thinking of a BPM, but wanted to make sure that was the only option I have… Thanks again!

Customer access is secured by territories tied to Work Force Users by the salesperson list, and other work force users they are authorized on… If an epicor user does not have have a workforce ID they have access to all customers (without a customization in place). By its nature this will also limit visibility to any quotes or orders that customer is tied to.

Not sure how this works across sites but it may be something you can use without building a bpm.

Thanks, but what I need is that an order should be placed on one site only for a specific customer and that user should not be able to select the site, that it populates itself, not sure if I’m explaining well ?

You want it such that certain customers can only be selected, when the site that Order Entry was launched from, is allowed for that customer. Correct?

Example:

• 4 Sites: A, B, C, D
  • Cust ZYX Corp can only have orders placed from site B

If Order Entry is launched from site A, C or D, then Cust ZYX Corp can not be selected as the customer.

You could probably do something similar to the methods used in this thread about limiting records of related lists:

Your Customer table would need a field to hold the plant ID’s of the allowed sites. That could be used to limit search results from showing the customer, but wouldn’t prevent a user from manually entering it.

Another BPM could check that UD field against the current site, and prevent any updates if not allowed. This would prevent user from manually entering it.

You’d need to be very with that second BPM, as other processes may call the SaleOrder BO’s, from other sites. For example: You’d still want to be able to enter the AR Invoice in Site A, for the order that is restricted to site B

Thanks Calvin, will try this… seems what I’m looking for!