DMR Processing issues (performance?)

I appear to be having a performance issue with DMR Processing. I am pulling a group of DMRs (less than 20 and they are closed). When I go down the list at some point Epicor locks up and becomes unresponsive then shuts down.

I have found maybe 2 DMRs that are the culprit. When I opened just he one DMR which is closed and just expanded the tree view; never clicking on feilds. When I go to close the form it asks if I want to save changes. I didn’t make any changes the DMR is closed. Thoughts why I get this? I don’t get this on other Closed DMRs.

Thanks

First, are there any customizations or BPMs involved? If so, can you disable them and see if you get the same results. After that, I would run a trace and see what PDT says.

Yes there are both…But doesn’t make sense it works for fine for most but a couple. I will check it.

Same issues using BASE Mode.

I would do a trace and run one good DMR and one bad. Then check PDT. Look for differences in the amount of data in the DMR. Maybe one is pulling over a large amount of data while the other is not.

You also mentioned expanding a tree view. I once ran into an issue with ship-tos where the tree view would crash because we had so many ship-tos for the customer. There was a fix which involved going into the sysconfig and raising the number of records on the tree view. I can’t remember the exact setting.

I have found 2 DMRs that seem to be corrupt. working on trace.

The DMRs do not have a large amount of data. Just one reject line and on debit memo…same on the ones that are ok.

Did any of your business objects exceed the threshold

not that i could tell. I opened a ticket with Epicor.

That was going to be my last suggestion. Hopefully that can get you a data fix or something similar.

1 Like

Did you ever get this issue resolved? We are experiencing similar delays just opening the DMR Screen.
Regards,
Chris W

Epicor development accepted it as a BUG. Here is the Problem # PRB0212278

Hi Chris,

Did you ever get your DMR issue resolved? We are running into an issues where all of the sudden the DMR process will take up to 2 minutes to just open. I have opened a support ticket with Epicor but am not getting any support on this issue.

Thanks

I will have to and look at my notes but I think it was a missing index in sql table

Regards,

Chris Wineinger

1 Like

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the quick reply. I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks

Sean Sowell

PartTran_RMASpeed.sql (515 Bytes)

Hi Chris,

When I click on the below link I get the below error.

Thanks

Sean

Hi Chris,

Please disregard my last email. It would help if I logged in. Not enough coffee this morning. Thank you for sending this over. Stay safe during this crazy time.

Thanks

Sean

PartTran_RMASpeed.zip (503 Bytes)