Different Results from a BAQZone

Hello smart kids,
I’ve thrown together a simple BAQ from InvcHead. I’m using it as a BAQZone on the OrderNum. It shows accounting quick information about Invoices made to that Order without going to another screen.

When I go to an Order with a single Invoice, the result is ugly - labels are direct from the Query Phrase. For example InvcHead_InvoiceNum

When I go to an Order with more than one Invoice the results are much more pleasing:

But the same BAQ and BAQZone are showing me different results. That doesn’t make sense to me. I’m seeing if anyone has any insight.
I’d like them only to show the second way.

Thanks,
Ben

Here is my Query Phrase from the BAQ:

select
[InvcHead].[InvoiceNum] as [InvcHead_InvoiceNum],
[InvcHead].[InvoiceType] as [InvcHead_InvoiceType],
[InvcHead].[InvoiceAmt] as [InvcHead_InvoiceAmt],
[InvcHead].[InvoiceDate] as [InvcHead_InvoiceDate],
[InvcHead].[OpenInvoice] as [InvcHead_OpenInvoice],
[InvcHead].[ClosedDate] as [InvcHead_ClosedDate],
[InvcHead].[GroupID] as [InvcHead_GroupID],
[InvcHead].[Posted] as [InvcHead_Posted],
[InvcHead].[OrderNum] as [InvcHead_OrderNum],
[InvcHead].[EntryPerson] as [InvcHead_EntryPerson]
from Erp.InvcHead as InvcHead

Ben, the BAQ Zone output has three possible formats, automatically selected. I’ve seen the question online before, how to force the multiple-record format for single-record, multiple field query outputs and have never seen anyone come up with a direct solution. Here’s an example of the single-field output format:

If no one is able to point you to a method to force the BAQ Zone format to be a specific one, I would recommend you craft your BAQ to allow for a “pro forma” record which will appear blank or show something benign like (end of list), always at the bottom of the list, but will always match your query. You may need two of them if your query could possibly return zero records. It’s not an optimal solution but it may be the only way.

You could also change from a BAQ Zone to an embedded grid, loaded by button click. But that’s not really in the scope of your question.

1 Like

Monty,
Thanks for the reply.
I went through the EpiCare route as well. I’m added to PRB0147390 Enhance the InfoZones.
So, some time in the future, the necessary remedy might show up after an upgrade. I’ll add this one to the pile.

I realize I have options as you describe like adding a grid, or tweaking on the result of my BAQ to make 1 message concatenated from the records. Thanks for describing the various options that you thought of.

I’ve already received the “Why do the results look different?” questions from users. “¯_(ツ)_/¯ Epicor”, is my answer.
Shame that something that seemed simple and easy to create, and a direct application of BAQZone, doesn’t just work right. It’s frustrating. I have to spend hours on this, not minutes.
Ben