Dashboard Pass Silent Parameters to BAQ

Thanks, Patrick.
You described exactly what I envisioned to get my unicorn finally.

1 Like

Rumor has it that a PO on the tools team may have just completed the smoke test of a new feature for 10.2.vnext. Something about being able to, on the query object in the Dashboard designer to map a value such as a published column to a BAQ Parameter.

These reports are of course completely unconfirmed and the nameless PO preemptively denies being the source of any leaks to that affect.

7 Likes

That PO May have earned him/herself quite a few drinks at insights! If one were to figure out who he/she is.
That is delightful!

1 Like

That. Is. AWESOMESAUCE!

@Banderson probably wishes now he could come back do Epicor and not NetSuite.

2 Likes

@pferrington @Dmitry_Kashulin I know this is out of scope - But slim chances in the near future we could apply something similar to BAQ Reports, so we can pass one of those Form Bindable fields to the BAQ before it runs. Just like Dashboards… BAQRpt’s BAQ Grabs 10,000,000 rows (lets say you have that many Jobs) and then filters it after execution, thats the only reason I try to avoid them BAQ Rpts and Quick Searches etc… all have to run wide-open and can’t bind to a param.

Lets say a Quick Search if I can atleast bind the text-box to a BAQ Param and then when user types “123” I can do a LIKE “@txtBox1%”

1 Like

You give him an inch… SMH…
Go make a new request @hkeric.wci before Patrick kills you ! LoL

Also I believe if you use the new RDD-> BAQ the filtering works fine. But don’t quote me on that.

2 Likes

Something about Sub-Queries and JOINs in the past it couldn’t do maybe I misunderstood… But if that does it then I should be able to bind a BAQ Report via BAQ Designer to a RDD right? @JeffLeBert

Anyways, if it does it great! I just wanted the User to provide input on the Forms like if they toggle checkboxes or if I populate ShortChar01. I know on a QS it doesnt.

As long as I can pass a Dynamic Value to the RDD cool.

Right now the workaround is… Grab everything but go back only 1 maybe 2 years (date range) and its filtered when it hits the Report Server / RDL… But somewhere it still hit the Main Server for 10,000,000 rows (assuming large jobs table)

OK - Here you go @pferrington

12 posts were merged into an existing topic: BAQRpt & QuickSearch Pass Silent Parameters to BAQ

@pferrington I guess the other one for BAQ Rpts is solved! So Ignore my previous ask, if you ever do get to Quick Searches cool, if not - doesn’t matter. It’s not as big as a deal as the BAQ Rpt one was and Dashboard one!

Thank you very much for pushing this @Dmitry_Kashulin , @pferrington , @Edge , @Bart_Elia , @JeffLeBert, @Rich … Much Love, Much Appreciated! I am sure even @Olga somewhere behind the scenes said “Эта великолепная идея”.

2 Likes

I do have to ask, will you be able to subscribe the 1st BAQ to a Tracker/Field? The first one is typically not subscribed to anything and often carries the most load.

Kind of like the RDD (New BAQ Rpt Designer):

1 Like

Lol, almost :slight_smile: I saw your post on linked in and thought “Finally!”

1 Like

Not as part of this one :frowning: Let me get the first part through QA first and done/done first.

1 Like

Fair enough :slight_smile: we believe in you!

There is also rumor that BAQ Designer will let to add SQL db views into query. And that will be ordinary (not external) query. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

@Dmitry_Kashulin Any idea of what version you are targeting for this? Also, will we be able to somehow pass a BAQ parameter to a where clause since you can’t use variables in views?

1. BAQ parameters binding is supported in 600 version
  2. You can refer to a BAQ parameter everywhere in the query already. Do you mean something special?

I guess I was thinking of using a SQL view as a complete replacement for BAQ’s when you need the performance.

Will the DB view just show up like any other table/view in the BAQ designer and the final query will get all of the additional BAQ generated code added or will it only execute the DB view and return the results from the view?

Technically you will be able to use db views in a query in 600 version. “Technically”, because there are steps which should be taken to make the db view visible in BAQ Designer and available for selection and execution within a query. Unfortunately, UI maintenance for these steps isnot ready to use, so you will need to tackle some Epicor system tables manually. I believe our Support will be provided with instructions how to do it.

1 Like