Custom SSRS Report: Run Task: Value cannot be null

So–it appears the PartAlloc table was the offender, but I cannot figure out why.
I don’t have any of the associated subreports linked in the main report anymore.

1 Like

Have you looked at the SQL Reporting Services log on your SQL server? It might point you in the right direction.

I have this same error in a duplicated RDD of the ProdDtl RDD. “System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null. (Parameter ‘key’)” I have no idea how to get around this. Any advice?

(this occurred after / due to the latest epicor update that was pushed out recently)

@dheinrich have you fixed this one,i too facing the same issue.

After the upgrade, there was a change in the data definition that invalidated one of the picked links from one table to another that we were using in the previous customized version of the rdd. I had to test it in our pilot environment to get the real error to know which column it was, because of some issue with epicor and Microsoft (I think still ongoing-- dedicated tendencies customer) where the errors in live are not the full errors.

Once I found the column causing the issue thru the error in the pilot env, I simply removed it from the RDD and added it as a regular table relationship and un-excluded the field, then copy your changes in the RDL.

1 Like

@dheinrich Thank you , in my case due to upgrade a new table was added in base RDD , but somehow it didn’t copied to the duped ReportDataDefinition which caused the error. i added the missing table , boom. the error is gone.

1 Like

boom
Kenny Powers Finger Guns GIF by MOODMAN

1 Like