Custom code

Any suggestions on how to put a list together of what customizations would need to be rewritten(we’d like to get a 50k ft view of the scope )?

All of the screen customizations will have to be re-done. I am yet to find one that survives the upgrade unscathed if it has ANY custom code at all and even when it does, the layout is less than desirable.

1 Like

To add to this… You’re probably going to want to touch every screen. The default layout on Kinetic is terrible.

3 Likes

That’s terrible, ownership is not a happy camper about this(said we we’re going to stop paying for support - not sure how that helps)…

I was going to write a quick BAQ to try to quantify this(how many customizations do we have and what are they so we can get a rough scope of the project), but Field Help on Menu Maintenance isn’t telling me what table/field the customizations live in. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

How painful it will be depends on how faithfully you followed the MVC principle of never putting business logic in the UI.

Use the ERP Analyzer: Epicor Upgrade Services Portal (cloudfactoryportal.azurewebsites.net)

1 Like

View = Customization and Controller = BPM widgets?

Assuming this is right, does that mean any BPM widgets custom code does not need to be rewritten?

Correct, nothing on the server side needs to change. Only the UX Customizations.

3 Likes

Already done: System Customizations Tracker by Doug Kros, SE at Epicor.dbd (1.2 MB)

1 Like

Thank you sir! The people on this forum are absolutely phenomenal, I don’t know how to thank all of you for all the help you have provided all of us :slight_smile:

1 Like