Cloud Customers - What is going on with Epicor Functions?

There is “supposedly” a flag in the hosts.config file called “NotificationType” that should properly handle multiple app servers and how changes are propagated. I never looked too much into it tho, and I could be totally wrong. I always just would recycle. :person_shrugging:

2 Likes

Well the information about the multiple app servers to single Db thing might be the ticket to helping me get this issue resolved at the root level. Thank you so much, I hadn’t thought about that until now. Being a cloud customer I have such little control over these things I tend to think about the things I can control when troubleshooting.

In 10.0.700, they would pass the changes through the database, but in 10.2 (maybe earlier, being “on prem” kept us from upgrading until we went to the public cloud) they added other methods. Here’s a snippet from the Architectural Guide:

2 Likes

ah just the doc I was trying to find literally right now! But ours was set to database and we still had the issue :person_shrugging:

3 Likes

You guys are saints lol, can’t believe anyone has spent this much time helping me or responding to the thread haha-- better support here than through more official channels lol.

6 Likes

No problem! Send that screenshot of the doc to support to get their minds turning

1 Like

Just did! :smiley:

Let us know how the saga ends :popcorn:

4 Likes

End of saga for the time being is, ‘it’s a known issue, refer to PRB0288709, continue to request AppPool recycles with each change’. So yeah, I guess it just is what it is for now. :skull:

edit- I get that issues happen and they’re not always easy to solve. I’m sure Epicor is working to resolve it, and it’s probably a pretty complicated issue. I remain hopeful that at some point it will get resolved-- since it simply cannot go on for that much longer. Until then it’s just something we’ve got to deal with.

5 Likes

If you’re running in containers, maybe this inter-container communication is tougher than they expected. :person_shrugging:

But I agree, they’ll work through it.

1 Like