Can't customise Engineering Workbench

I have made a customization for the Engineering workbench. I can see it in developer mode but I am unable to make it the default view in Menu Maintenance. Is there a trick to how to do this?
Epicor 10.1.6

Not that I know of… I have done this plenty of times.

I think you may still be plagued by this Bug in 10.1.600

You might have to change your Customization for the time being to target a Company instead of “All Companies”.

@Chris_Conn wasn’t there a trick for it to show up despite bug?

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION: In Epicor E10.2.200, when either a Company Specific or an All Companies Customization for Engineering Workbench is created, that Customization does not display in the Customization Drop Down for Engineering Workbench in Menu Maintenance. That is, you can no longer Deploy a Customization to Engineering Workbench. PROGRAM ID: Customization EXPECTED BEHAVIOR: The Engineering Customization should be listed in the Customization Drop Down for Engineering Workbench in Menu Maintenance.

It’s a filter that’s messed up in the selection drop down. If you make a UBAQ you can change it in there. I have the UBAQ posted around here somewhere…

Edit: here it is. In here you can see the field that sets the customization and you can change it.

1 Like

It has been my experience in 10 that if you don’t specify All Companies you have to do actions copy to current menu. It will look like it is making a second menu item… you can assign the customization and it will then work… I don’t think I explained this well but this is new in 10.

Engineering workbench is double broken… Even if you do the all companies trick, it doesn’t work. They changed a form name, then forgot to change it in the filter for the drop down.

2 Likes

Thanks to all for your prompt and very helpful suggestions :slight_smile:
I created an UBAQ on the Menu table, making Menu.Arguments updateable.
I then updated the Engineering Workbench Menu Arguments to "-c " + “my customisation name”
That seems to have worked!