Cannot access this menu item: Report Style

Tried a second test menu that duplicated the settings, same error. Deleted the menu and put it back, same error…

Use file explorer to find the DLL on your client workstation. See if you can access the folder and file by viewing the detail properties.

1 Like

Looks like I do, see below

I checked the effective access with my user as well and all security had green check boxes showing I had access…

What does the General tab look like?

Did this just recently stop working?

Has a fix been applied to Report Style recently?

1 Like

We upgraded to 10.1 over the summer. I know it worked before then and I thought I’ve been in it seen the upgrade, but I’m not sure. A coworker can access it just fine. I duplicated his permissions as well and still get the error.

Does this occur on every workstation you try to launch this form or just this one machine?

Tried a couple terminal servers, I get this error on those as well

If the coworker who can access this successfully logs in from his/her machine into Epicor with your Epicor user, does it throw the same error or work successfully?
(basically, it is Windows user or Epicor user specific?)

I’m trying, they are actually at a different location. I believe I’m the only one with access here to the report styles menu option.

Once you can answer that question, ping me and I’ll be happy to jump on a webex to review further–this is a very unusual issue to be sure

Click the Advanced button and unblock the DLL. Most likely this DLL has been patched or updated.

The unblock button/checkbox would be here in properties so sadly that doesn’t seem like it :confused:

My username displays the report style screen fine on the coworkers computer with no error… I don’t see a way to unblock the dll when I click on advanced. I just see that the dll is ready for archiving and it is indexed.

A few possible approaches to this:

1. Possible that you have some antivirus scanning the client folder on your machine? If so, please exclude your client folder from any real-time scans–retest. Success? <-- this assumes the client folder is fine, but something external is causing a problem.
  2. Copy the entire client folder from the working machine EXCEPT those in the client\config and overwrite all of the client files on your machine–retest. Success? <-- this assumes that something with the client folder on your machine is not fine.

If one of those two doesn’t work, let us know.

What does the full inner exception look like? Typically, it will have more. I have seen this happen when references are blocked or missing. I also clear the programdata\Epicor folder as a troubleshooting step as well.

1 Like

Disabled antivirus altogether, still get the error.

In the process of copying the client folder over right now to test that.

That inner exception description you posted is the same thing I show, see below. I will clear out the programdata\Epicor folder and see what I get.

reportstyle-innerexceptiondetail

You could just copy that one file from another client and paste it into your client folder instead of the whole client:

Copying the Caliburn dll fixed it!!

Wow, thanks for all of your help!!! I really appreciate it!