BAQ Report - Every Other Page Blank

I am trying to create a basic BAQ Report for a functioning BAQ in 10.2.100.5

The information pulls in just fine but I am getting a blank page (the header does populate) for every other page. The report I am looking at would be 260 pages but I am getting 520 pages. I have tried changing the margins and shrinking the columns. Everything fits horizontally on the page with no overflow.

I was told there was a fix out there for this but I could not find it.

Has anyone else run across this issue and know how to fix it? If there is a fix, can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks for your help

1 Like

Simple adjustment to the white space in Report Builder to incorporate the margins for the page. I thought the margins were included in the white space but they are not. I moved the size of the white space in Report Builder to 8 instead of 8.5 and the issue was resoved.

2 Likes

I am having the same issue. When you say you adjusted the White space where is that? I am fairly new to SSRS.

thanks Kim

If your page is 8in wide and your margin is .5 and your content area is 7.6 or if you have a label or a field at 7.5 it will start making blank pages.

Check your Page Width and then check the Body Width and make sure you make it smaller than the Page Width.

Or as SSRS calls it “Report Width” and “Page Width”

Make sure you bring your white body in a little, shrink it and dont put anything on the close edge of the report.

1 Like

I did that and still have blank pages.

Whats your Report Width? Make sure any column to the right is a little bit moved away from the edge, possibly have a blank text field somewhere.

11 I have it set for Landscape.
Do I need to modify with not Height?

1 Like

Nope that reallly messed it up now. LOL

but might be on a better path

If thats not it make sure you dont have something causing an actual Page Break.

Overall the issue is:

When someting doesnt fit on the page, it will create a 2nd page. When I add columns I make sure they are not touching the edge or I make the edge wider (page).

Make sure your “Report” Page is larger than the Content Page… a Report can be 2in wide yet your page could be 8x11

completely get that. Just trying to figure out what is making it do that is tough when everything is one page and the second is blanks…where is that what space? is the needle in the haystack. :slight_smile:

@Kimberley - You need to make sure the

Body.Width <  (Report.Witdh - (Report.Margins.Left + Report.Margins.Right))

To select the body, click in whitespace (not in a tablix cell) and that should select the Body of your report. If there’s no white space, right click and use the select sub-menu

2 Likes

Beat me to it, I was about to gather Screenshots for Visual Communication :slight_smile:

2019-05-14_1408

2 Likes

Yup, the body width is set to 11

And this the page setting i have been messing with it and still off. That calculation helped but still can’t quite get it.

You want the Body to be 10.9 or smaller and the Page Width to be 11 - you got it reversed.

2 Likes

And if you need it to be 11" of printable area, set the paer type to Legal (8.5 x 14) and Landscape.

You can always preview it to a PDF, then have the PDF program shrink it to a letter size

I did have it reversed. Thanks guys !! Fixed.