BAQ Report Designer

I tried the parameter, it works when I am in Crystal Reports developer.

When I run it from the Epicor menu, I am not prompted by the parameter in print preview.

Is there something I am missing?

I used to be able to prompt when I was using SQL and the datasource was different from the ADO.net we are using with Progress.

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Winter, Patrick
Sent: Monday, November 04, 2013 2:35 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [Vantage] BAQ Report Designer

The only way I was able to do this was to filer on the crystal side, if you haven’t done it there it’s a parameter field linked to record filter which then prompts you when you print or preview the report.

I get java errors printing directly but print preview then printing works.

Patrick Winter

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of cathy@...
Sent: Monday, November 04, 2013 14:49
Subject: [Vantage] BAQ Report Designer

I created a BAQ so that we can have a Sales Return Rate.

I used the parttran for transtype - MFG-CUS, STK-CUS and RMA-INS (RMA receipts).

The MFG and STK to CUS had the customer number on the record.

The RMA-INS did not.

I created a calculated field based on TransType and called it CustomerID.

When I created a report through BAQ report designer, it does not let me use the calculated field as filter.

Is there a way around this?  Is there a way I can use my calculated field as a filter.

We are on Epicor 9.05.605 and have a progress DB

Thank you Patrick for your help.

I did get the prompt to come up for customers.  In my BAQ it will let me filter on the calculated field, so I started with all the Customer Id’s that start with A.

The prompt worked fine but, deleted that filter, I got the following errors.

Broker System failure: Invalid state for deallocate: Current state =Â STATE_RECEIVINGÂ (7249) . (7209)

Could not find file 'C:\ProgramData\Epicor\win-bh59w444tf2-9401\9.05.605\TS\shared\TempReportData\tmp1481.tmp'.

We have over 5,000 customers with lots of

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Winter, Patrick
Sent: Monday, November 04, 2013 3:21 PM

It sounds like you did not connect the Crystal Parameter field to the crystal record filter.

Patrick Winter

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Cathy
Sent: Monday, November 04, 2013 15:53

When I run it from the Epicor menu, I am not prompted by the parameter in print preview.

I used to be able to prompt when I was using SQL and the datasource was different from the ADO.net we are using with Progress.

The only way I was able to do this was to filer on the crystal side, if you haven’t done it there it’s a parameter field linked to record filter which then prompts you when you print or preview the report.

Patrick Winter

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of cathy@...

I used the parttran for transtype - MFG-CUS, STK-CUS and RMA-INS (RMA receipts).

The RMA-INS did not.

When I created a report through BAQ report designer, it does not let me use the calculated field as filter.

Is there a way around this?  Is there a way I can use my calculated field as a filter.

Oops didn’t finish and I clicked send - I think I lost my connection to the server with the error messages below.

I finally did get the report to run with all companies but, in the drop down list about 100. How do I get it to list more?

Patrick – I learned something new today. Thank you –

Sent: Monday, November 04, 2013 4:20 PM
To: 'vantage@yahoogroups.com'

Thank you Patrick for your help.

I did get the prompt to come up for customers.   In my BAQ it will let me filter on the calculated field, so I started with all the Customer Id’s that start with A.

The prompt worked fine but, deleted that filter, I got the following errors.

Broker System failure: Invalid state for deallocate: Current state =  STATE_RECEIVING  (7249) . (7209)

Could not find file 'C:\ProgramData\Epicor\win-bh59w444tf2-9401\9.05.605\TS\shared\TempReportData\tmp1481.tmp'.

We have over 5,000 customers with lots of

Sent: Monday, November 04, 2013 3:21 PM

It sounds like you did not connect the Crystal Parameter field to the crystal record filter.

Patrick Winter

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Cathy
Sent: Monday, November 04, 2013 15:53

Patrick Winter

The RMA-INS did not.