BAQ & Dashboard creation training

We would like to create dashboards from BAQ’s, I am fine with creating a very basic BAQ but beyond that not sure how to go about what I want to do.
Does any have or could point me to some training material?

Many Thanks for your help in advance.

If you have Epicor Education in your package, the tutorials built in are pretty good. If not, the application help is still pretty good. You pretty much have to learn by doing. If you open the Dashboard application and go to the Help > Application Help menu, you should be able to get what you need.

If your help reader crashes when you click a link (am I the only one?), just click refresh, which will bring up the Help home page, and then the back arrow, which takes you to the page you were trying to access.

Most useful thing I’ve learned now that I’ve done a lot of BAQs and (non updating) dashboards, is to structure your BAQ if there are a lot of calculations. Have a top level query that displays your info and multiple sub-queries, so that if you need to change a definition down the road you only have to modify the specific definition and not everything that uses it.

2 Likes

The type of training that many customers find useful is to have an expert walk you through the creation of a dashboard (ie… teach you to fish). It will take longer than if the expert creates it directly, but at the end of the time, you will not only have the dashboard, but will know how it was made. First time I did this for a customer, it took 4 hours to walk someone through a dashboard that I could have kicked out rather quickly, but I was explaining each step, and we were also doing some “design on the fly”, because their specs didn’t consider all the other options.

Andrew i can help you with some training i have some time in my hands if you have teams or zoom

Hi Alex,
Thanks for the offer, what time zone are you in?

Eastern time