BAQ Challenge - How to convert this SQL with sub-selects (as Calc'd fields and where clauses) to a BAQ

@knash - You are the man. :mage: Thanks for that teaching moment, and I owe you drinks!! :beers: Will you be in Vegas?

So, couple of things that I didn’t know/understand (for anyone else using this thread to solve a problem):

• Filter Value - using “value of subquery” option - I was trying to get it to go the other way, backwards, whatever you want to call it.I could never get my query to show in the query list.
  • Using a Subquery (single column return data set) as an expression in a calculated field - don’t know where I missed that, but very cool…
  • Multiple Level nesting - Perhaps that is what I missed from the earlier posts - I just didn’t see it working that way to create the structure like you did. No real join statements, just references (see below) to make the relationship work, and filter at the same time. Very slick.

Lastly, and most directly the solution to my issue is this Table Criteria set for the Running Total inner subquery. I see where you effectively created the joins (red arrows) and the trannum filter (yellow arrow) BUT I simply did not know you could just TYPE in references to fields in other subquery tables. That changes everything as it was the missing piece and why I started this thread.

4 Likes

other useful tips and tricks will be apart of “my session” in vegas. Location and time TBD. :wink:

3 Likes