Application error

In reviewing customizationsin our E10 test environment I am periodically running into the following Application error: (see below)
Does anyone have any suggestions on where to start looking for what would be causing this?
Thank you in advance
Carol

Application Error

Exception caught in: Ice.Lib.EpiClientLib

Error Detail

Message: The process caller failed to invoke method InvokeSearch in Ice.Lib.Searches.EpiSearchEngine in Ice.Lib.EpiClientLib.dll
Inner Exception Message: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
Program: Ice.Lib.EpiClientLib.dll
Method: InvokeReflectedMethod

Client Stack Trace

at Ice.Lib.Framework.PCallReflector.InvokeReflectedMethod(MethodInfo Method, Object Object, Object[] MethodParams, String className, String assemblyName)
at Ice.Lib.Framework.PCallReflector.LaunchDotNet(String assemblyName, String className, Hashtable ctorList, String methodName, Hashtable methodList)

Inner Exception

Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

Carol, did you ever get a fix for this?

We just upgraded to 10.2.500.9 and are getting this error when we right-click on a UD Number field being used as a Sales Order. We click OK and then we get Open With menu and it opens correctly in Sales Order Entry or Tracker. Thus just a minor inconvenience.

The Extended Properties for RMADtl_UD.Number03 are set “Like file: OrderHed” and “Like field: OrderNum”. This worked OK in 10.1.600 and below.

We do have some custom code on that field, e.g. to override the default format to strip off the decimals. But I don’t see anything that would fire on the right click other than Epicor base code.

Chris,

I don’t recall what the user was trying to do when they received the error. Evidently we got it fixed, because that was when we were testing and we are now
live on 10.2.400.14.

If it comes back to me, I will see what our resolution was and let you know.

Sorry … my memory fails me.

Carol

Thanks so much for getting back to me Carol.

I found a suggestion on IT Toolbox to enclose references to the field with try { … } catch { } blocks. I did that but it still pops up the error.

Minor annoyance #15478794531. I’m making a list!

Lol… I believe my list is probably at least that long also.

Gonna revive this again. Did you ever figure out the fix for this? Seeing it on an upgraded screen customization from E9 to E10.