10.2.500 GA Release?

Any rumors as to when 10.2.500 will be generally available?

We’re finally getting around to upgrading, will need to decide whether to go to .400 or wait for .500…

October
Safe Harbor

2 Likes

I know the Cloud is targeting October. Maybe On-Prem will be within the same time.

1 Like

A recent Help file will list the release schedule. Generally, expect a release in April and October and then patch releases every two weeks to match the sprint schedule.

GA happens when Cloud users don’t have any major issues.

1 Like

@Mark_Wonsil, thank you for being our guinea pig :+1:

With Dedicated Tenancy, you can get the Flex option to defer to a later date. So we’re doing .500 in February - October we’ll be closing the quarter so we decided to bypass this one. :wink:

3 Likes

Looks like on prem and cloud are supposed to be next week.

I am torn on 10.2.400.xx vs 10.2.500.xx. Our goal is to be Live mid December or mid January.

We are on 10.1.400.24 now and are planning to upgrade without implementing any new features/processes except a new third party CC processor. Basically our upgrade plan is to test like crazy to make sure nothing major is broken for us in the new version. I’m not worried so much about core Epicor, it’s all the customizations, BPMs, Service Connect Integrations, custom SSRS, etc. that make me nervous.

Do we add the risk of a brand new version in 10.2.500, or play it a little safer with 10.2.400??

I would recommend you aim at 10.2.500 the latest release. If you have any issues it’s much faster for us to resolve in the latest version.

2 Likes

Plus if you compare the Release Notes btw a Major and other Major Minors. You will notice that Epicor patches both and typically the base on 500 will be up-to-date or pretty close with 10.2.400.x

1 Like

And cloud is being updated at the moment. Australia and Singapore already in process :wink:

Get ready for 500 :smiley:

2 Likes

Must be very immanent
Some Docco is up and the folders for download have been added.

1 Like

SaaS is going on week 2 (well, most SaaS users). Not sure which sprint we’re on but they wait until things are going smoothly and then pull the cord. Usually patch 5 or 6 IIRC…

@Mark_Wonsil I agree whole heartedly. Noted that the document downloads show 10.2.500.2 already.

It was the release notes and the embedded edumacation I was after. The EE has a what’s new course.

1 Like

Yeah, It’s definitely there now. Enjoy all you On-prem users.

2 Likes

Hmmm,
Epicor Collaborate…Kinetic EDD…Site Level default inventory Transfer Order locations…Epicor Functions…Read Only Database Support. APR Email Formats (Text/HTML)…Global Licensing. MRP Timeout Options

1 Like

They also added logging for task agents along with a Powershell module to manage the admin console and task agents. @Bart_Elia How do we get the powershell modules? I don’t see them anywhere on Powershell Gallery

2 Likes