10.2.500 Dashboards and Quick searches missing after update

Hi All,

We have encountered some major issues with quick searches and Dashboards after updating from 10.2.200.16 to 10.2.500.7

We run multi company, but the issue is only occurring in 1 of the 3 companies.

The first issue we’re encountering is with quick searches. When opening quick search maintenance and searching for records, the “Get List” method does not return any results.

However, I have queried the database and can clearly see the records I expect to see in the [Ice].[QuickSearch] table. Quick searches in other companies are working fine so I compared some identical quick searches in each company to see if I could find the common dominator on the record which is not returning.

I did notice that the “version” column of the all the records was different, but there are working searches of the same version number in other companies so I don’t think it’s relevant. Otherwise all data was the same.

After this I tried typing the quick search id of the record that I validated exists and is identical in all companies. Then performed a trace on the “GetByID” method and took note of the parameters.

I then found the stored procedure in the db which looks like it relates to this method (Ice.ZFW_QuickSearch_GetByID), I executed this method using the parameters in the trace log and it returned the record I am expecting to see.

This leads me to believe there must be an issue either passing the parameters to the stored procedure or handling the response. Or I’ve got the wrong stored procedure and am looking in the wrong place entirely.

Similar story with dashboards. I do not see any dashboards including the system dashboards but have validated they exist in the database. I haven’t gone as far with this one as it is happening in the same company as the quicksearch issue so I figure they must be related and if I solve one I’ll probably solve the other.

Anyone have any idea what might be causing this, or advice on where to go from here?
Logging a call with Epicor on this as well, but we’ve gone live with this update so we’re scrambling to get it resolved ASAP

Hi Jordan,

I don’t think there is anything else you can do apart from report it to Epicor.

I have found an issue with subscriptions in embedded dashboards in 10.2.5 (they don’t work) which was reported as a bug and has been replicated by Epicor, using one of their KB articles.

The current status from support is ‘I’ll report this to development and also inquire if this was an intentional change in Epicor and let you know their response’ -

Assuming its not an’ intentional change’ :cry, it will get a PRB number and get fixed. As with all these things, the problem is going be timelines.

Sorry I couldn’t give a helpful answer, but your not alone.

Cheers,

Andrew.

2 Likes

@aclements - What is the PRB number of that? We’re testing our 10.2.500 upgrade now, and I’d like to validate this with our dashboards.

What doesn’t work? Does it just not update, and sits there? Thanks.

Hi,

The PRB number is PRB0219271.

In my situation I had a dashboard embedded on the part form, The dashboard subscribed to PartNum and queried the PartTran table.

As the subscription is not working, the dashboard is querying the parttran table when ‘Add New’ was added and retrieving every record, causing the ‘Add New’ to take about three minutes to return the cursor to the form.

I tried ‘Subscribe’ without the ‘Auto Retrieve’, but this just gave an ‘Object Not Set Instance’ error.

I’ll keep you posted - FYI I’m testing on 10.2.500.5

Cheers,

Andrew.

Hi,

Support have find the answer for embedded dashboards in 10.2.5.

You need to check the ‘Honor Null’ checkbox in the tracker view of your dashboard.

Best Regards,

Andrew.

1 Like